Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X Verify

Harry Morse

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Verify is used in demos and shows because people are attracted to visual stimulus

goood point,

Its like a Woman. Visual stimulus always gets you interested, and once you learn how to use their keyboard, their shortcuts, chooks. ect the final output is what you where buying to begin with. remember idea.gif

oh sure after a while you dont like the the way some of the addins work but thats not what sold you on it.

Visual Stimulus, I like it biggrin.gif

I dont really understand the problems you are having. Since your starting paragraph was just a bash session and not informative to your problems andneeds. I am atm using mcam 8.1. Being a even older version of what most have. The verify still works for me as I always thought it was intended to do. It was not sold to me as the main function of my software. It was sold to me as a tool to use in conjunction with my software. It has always worked excelent for me, but maybe I know how to setup it up better. Trial and error might be your friend, instead of just hoping the computer will automaticaly figure out what you wanted to do. The computer can not guess what results you want from the file. It can only go by your inputs and parameters. Again maybe it is you not understanding what inputs you need to get the result you need. Maybe ask a question or two and we can help you get better results. or call the reseller and see if he has some options to explore. Maybe you have a ati graphics card? I really dont know since you dont explain it.

But with that said, My verify works as intended. But I have had some trial and error figuring out what it wants from me for information. Like using define stocks instead of scanning the nci...

Jim

quote:

The verify still works for me as I always thought it was intended to do. It was not sold to me as the main function of my software.

quote:

It was sold to me as a tool to use in conjunction with my software. It has always worked excelent for me, but maybe I know how to setup it up better. Trial and error might be your friend, instead of just hoping the computer will automaticaly figure out what you wanted to do.

DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,

We have a winner!!! cheers.gifcheers.gif

We all got Cad/Cam Software, not verification software.

Verify does as it was intended, and continues to get better.

:still kick'n the already dead horse:

PEACE biggrin.gif

quote:

Its like a Woman. Visual stimulus always gets you interested, and once you learn how to use their keyboard, their shortcuts, chooks. ect the final output is what you where buying to begin with. remember

oh sure after a while you dont like the the way some of the addins work but thats not what sold you on it.

An hour later I'm still speechless and LMAO at that one. People keep looking up here and wondered what I smoked on the way to work.

Wow I've spent time viewing this forum but have never felt a need to post, mostly I found my answers but also didn't want to sound as unfamiliar for fear of getting flamed for asking the wrong question the wrong way.

This is the Mastercam forum right? Not some alley in the back of a bar???? I believe that an individual should be able to voice his opinions about a PRODUCT without fear of a personal attack just because his opion differs from yours or because he is dissastisfied. I know when we coughed up the money it was tough, expectations were high, as was the price compared to what we were using, and when a mistake was made that verify didn't catch, everyone started pointing fingers. Was it operator error? More than likely yes. Do I feel the software should have caught them? Bet your xxxx. Isn't that what its for? So I can see where many are coming from.

And for those that think they have somehow won an argument with personal insults, you should rethink your logic, you may very well be costing CNC the business they fought hard for. You may not care, but its not your money is it? The more I read this the more I start to think that CNC isn't the only software on the market, we get approached weekly, some systems are more costly, others damn near cheap in comparison, but the difference between the abilities in systems is narrowing, competitions getting tough, and I tell you what it was the promise of good customer service, in all repsects, that sold us. This is not good customer service, its *ulls&^%t, and it IS a company sponsored site because the link is on the site. It's the software people are bitching about not your mother, wife or sister. Relax, step out of the alley and stop pissing on the guy next to you.

Agree with Part timer on this one.

I wrote the check for this software from MY checkbook as did many others I'm sure, so the "It's not yours to complain about" argument does not apply.

The verify in MC is 1998 vintage or older and due for a major overhaul.

I have Onecnc expert on my computer as well and the verify in that software walks all over MC's. Pan rotate, zoom in real time, full solids. When I say it walks all over MC's what I mean to say is that it blows it out of the water and up onto the beach..... wailing in pain from open wounds to the head and torso (ouch!).

For the 15k price CNC can do better. They have to if they expect to get next years maintenance

out of me. Ver X will be the kicker, I'll drop MC like so many pieces of hot dung if they don't fix the verify.

quote:

Was it operator error? More than likely yes. Do I feel the software should have caught them? Bet your xxxx.

thats a shallow statment in my book. the software in my eye is designed to let you do the thinking,you come up with how to do it. let me ask you this. go buy a million dollar machine. not cheap right? step up to the control and punch in some code. now if you ef up on the numbers and crash that fancy articulating head into the table, gee thats to bad, the control should have seen your human stupidity and saved your xxxx right????? verify is pretty sweet comparerd to when it ran so slow I could single block the program at the machine to check the program and still beat the system. Im old school (learn the code read it and know its right) I gram over 6 different control types from 3 to 5 axys on a daily basis and if I relied solely on verify I'd be wasting my time.

BTW, welcome to the forum, hope you learn somthing here, I have

Yeah opinions are fine but like I said before this is a Mastercam forum for helping people. It is not sponsored by Mastercam it is for the users to helps the users. I as well as some many others are here to help and like said before make our living off of this crappy software as the rest of you would call it. If you make a good program what do you need a verfiy for is my question and if people have the money to go by 3 different software's then more pwer to them but there must be something you like about the software becuase if you let what people call slick sales make you buy the software then god help you is all I can say.

I make good parts and others make good parts but because you can not we are suppose to agree with your bitch I think not. Do not like it complain to your dealer, to CNC software, to the moon but this is not the place to comaplin this is a place of help. If someone from CNC ask for your opinion then by all means give it but to come in here and just bitch you are going to get what you deserve in my book as said by Matt aka Rekd repsect begots repsect so repsect the fact that I and about 99% of us on here come here to help and be help not to listen to others bitch about the software!!!!!!!!!!!!

And yes I do not like a post problem I am having but see I am trying to get help not just bitch.

Any of you people complaining got an answer to my 5 axis post question when you answer that and then make a complaint and I will not say a word.

You have got to be kidding part_timer, do you really think Harry Morse would have had one tinny flame tickle his butt if he ask his question like this.

“Hello all, I am having trouble with MC verifier when I try this it does this. Is this problem going to be addressed in X. I had a preview of X and it still looks the same. Does anyone know how to address the problem?”

I have never seen anyone get flamed that read the FAQs and ask a question in a non confrontational manner.

DaveR why do you still have MC on your box?

When I see a post like this I immediately think conspiracy theory. It is probably the competition getting a tid bit to tell potential customers.

Nope, bought MC for the 4 and 5 axis stuff. Onecnc only does 3 axis.

Please don't get the wrong idea, I think MC is brilliant software, really, and very user friendly...but the verify....ugh. Update please. C'mon, tell me you don't feel the same.

Quote:

Let me explain it a little more simply for you. I will try to restrain my reply to keep from sounding irritated for repeating myself. What your company paid for, not you, unless you own the company, is the #1 proven working CAM software package in the world. CAM is Computer Aided Manufacturing, not Computer Aided Verification and Visualization. Master cam is the world's best CAM package. The Verify feature in Mcam is a nice function that is included with the software.

It's an accessory feature, meaning it isn't necessary in order for Mcam to complete it's main task, the generation of toolpaths for CNC machining. Verify in Mcam is completely unneccessary. If it wasn't there, we wouldn't be having this discussion. You would still have the world's best CAM software, just without Verify. That's why I called it free of charge. It's the cherry on the top of a sundae. Not necessary but makes the whole thing look better.

Verify is used in demos and shows because people are attracted to visual stimulus. Which would you rather look at during a demo or show? A programmer filling in parameters and regenerating toolpath? Or a visual representation of the tool machining a part. I think it's clear what's more "eye-catching".

Dear God tell me he's kidding.

Verify in most other CAD CAM software is used to make sure you won't scrap the part or crash the machine. So in MC it's just there to show people at trade meetings a pretty picture?

What?

A verify feature is STANDARD in every CAD CAM system I've ever heard of. Period. It's not something "extra". It's not a "cherry".

It's like a steering wheel on your car.

Well why would you not use the backplot if you were worried about crashes with saving the toolpaths as geometry then verfiy the toolpaths to the part. If your toolpaths match the part guess what you got a good part.

I took the crap comment for an insult not an opinion and if it would have been stated "Does anyone know when or if the verify that I find lacking in Mastercam is going to be adressed?" would have gone alot futher and be treated alot different. Like I said before amwazing I can make molds, 3d surfaces parts, 4th axis and 5th axis parts that turn out right and look good and are to the print and guess what 99% of the time I do not use Verfiy find it to be a waste of time. If you make the program right and do it the right way why would you need to verfiy it? I have used more lately becuase I was aksed to but did not mean I thought it was needed but guess what it did show me some tolerance issues with some customer parts where I was not gettng a good finish down to a filter tolerance of .0001 so how is that is can show me these smallest of a tolerance difference on my computer it does not show these to others.

Well, Peter.. I'm with the trolls on this one..

quote:

Dear God tell me he's kidding.

Verify is a functional part of the software. It becomes more and more so as time progresses. I remember when there wasn't any verify in GibbsCAD/CAM/NC, only backplot. Now it's a big part of the software, even though it doesn't match the posted output 100%, for obvious reasons. It will get you close.

As for 'dropping' it like a hot turd, well, garbage in, garbage out. I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about all this other software that resorts to lies and other misinformation to sell it's product because it is literally functionally challenged and can't perform the way Mastercam can.

So Mastercam has something you don't like?

Beewwwwww fricken heeewww. It has stuff I don't like either. So does my truck. So does my wife. So does my son.

Get over it already.

I'll say it once again, verify has improved dramatically with each release, and will continue to do so until they get it right.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Dollar for dollar, Mastercam is still a great piece of software. Gee... We paid for my seat of MC, and the G-Code it kicks out makes hundreds of thousands of dollars if not milions of dollars each year. Holy cow that is a helluva return on your initial investment. Could I do my job without CAM software? Probably, but not nearly as efficiently as I do now. Does Mastercam need to be better? Of course! Will Mastercam get better? Of course! Will it be soon enough? Probably not for many, but they ARE working on it. They are working on it.

Part Timer... as for fearing getting flamed, no need to fear if you have even a modicum of respect when you ask something. When you have a problem with something, it fine to be frustrated, pissed, or curse.gif It's all in the packaging. We all run into problems. It's how you choose to deal with it that seperates you from the chaff around here. Come in saying "..... sucks!!!!" You'll get flamed. For good reason. The statement has no detail whatsoever about the problem, does not appear to even want resolution to the problem. Want resolution to your problems, come here and ask, chances are you will get an answer. If there's not an answer, perhaps there's a work around.

James teh forum old timer... biggrin.gif

quote:

A verify feature is STANDARD in every CAD CAM system I've ever heard of. Period. It's not something "extra". It's not a "cherry".

exactly

quote:

It's like a steering wheel on your car.

funny, this was the exact same analogy I was thinking last night... biggrin.gifwink.gif

quote:

The verify in MC is 1998 vintage or older and due for a major overhaul.

+1000

All Harry did when he started this thread was say that verify in MC was crap. BIG DEAL. He didnt rant and rave about MC being the worst product he'd ever had the misfortune to be forced to use. He expressed his feelings of this part of MC is crap..it is, it looks like a 99 cent made in china piece of plastic compared to the rest of the program. And right away, the lions are at his throat..."If you dont like it get out pal!!!!".... WTF is that all about??? Has it gotten better since v7? Yes, absolutely....but it sucked in v7 as well..come on guys, it did. Its always been way behind ever since it was introduced. Its gotten to be this ridiculously long running gag around here, this who can trash "the n00b" whilst chuckling to yourself about how incredibly witty your put downs always are at the first hint of someone not being completely satisfied about some part of MC. It's what makes me not want to participate around here as much as I used to...and Im sure Im not the only one....

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it operator error? More than likely yes. Do I feel the software should have caught them? Bet your xxxx.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thats a shallow statment in my book. the software in my eye is designed to let you do the thinking,you come up with how to do it. let me ask you this. go buy a million dollar machine. not cheap right? step up to the control and punch in some code. now if you ef up on the numbers and crash that fancy articulating head into the table, gee thats to bad, the control should have seen your human stupidity and saved your xxxx right?????

So what happens when it is error on the software's part? When you've written a rough pocket on a complex 3d part, and you've decided to use some critical depths and for some reason MC decides that at one of those critcal depths its gonna wipe out some features on your part or maybe just gouge it up a little for no apparent reason.. Now, you ran the "backplot" several times but you just didnt see it for some reason or other... I know some of the backplots I run are pretty freakin hard to discern WTF is really going on in...yeah sure it looks ok, but is it really??? The software should MOST DEFINATELY be able to catch its own mstakes...period. This is the stuff we need a good verify for.

I dont know about you, but I know when we were sold this program, what we heard was "and we can do this for ya too, works perfect all the time, better than that other guys software thats for sure!".....

nobody bothered to mention that verify was just "a nifty little thing we put in there for you for free..its not the greatest, but if you fight with it you can get it to work correctly more often than not...if your willing to wait for a half hour or 2...as a matter of fact, this is really just in there for a little 'visual stimulus' to help us sell it to you a little better....if you want something that actually works all the time the way you need it to then I got this great deal for you on this other software to make sure the 1st piece of software I sold you isnt making mstakes".

in fact I cant seem to find anywhere on CNC's website that says anything remotely close...looks to me like its supposed to be an extremely powerful tool that is part of the whole package that gets parts to the machine fast and without mistakes, not a little extra side feature you can use if you want to.

Someone mentioned earlier that CNC might have dumped their outside source that was providing them with the verify module...I hope to freakin god that that is true because maybe finally verify will be up to snuff with the rest of the program.