Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Forum

Paul McGarr

quote:

I refer you to a topic from today called "taping".
"Not to offend you ,but first of all the question sux !"

That appears to me to be a "back at ya" expression to someone whos first question at the forum states...

quote:

mastercam speed and feeds suck.

Iskander/Eeyore/Winney is one of the most helpful, humble people at the forum.

Thad

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim,

In my opinion, what happens alot on this forum is:

"Nickname's Question": I am trying to do this thing and it do not work, Matercam sucks.

When the truth is that many times "Nicknames" is on the wrong path, or that there is another way that works much better, that "Nickname" had never thought about.

Leave the "Mastercam sucks" out of it, and you are ok, it is that simpel.

Question: I am trying to do this thing, and I can not get it to work, please help me.

And the atempt to help is on the way, high post count or low post count.

Lars

--------------------------

Wise he is deemed who can question well,

and also answer back:

the sons of men can no secret make

of the tidings told in their midst.

--------------------------

Paul,I just read the operation defaults thread and I really don't think it got out of hand.

Rekd is right about doing a search.This topic has been bitched about on neumerous occasions,but this doesn't make you a bad member for not searching.

You did make a statement about CNC Software maybe not wanting to fix it,and I don't think they will on V9.

But this doesn't mean that they won't fix it in X.

If you have been using mcam since V3,(which I havn't)there is no denial that cnc software is striving to make a better product.

I think you should take it all with a grain of salt.Even if there are any knuckle heads in here,(including me) biggrin.gif the good outweighs the bad. cheers.gif

Its all good, about only thing irks me is:

1."Im not familiar with that, could you elaborate"

2. "Ive never ran into that problem" (implying what?)

quote:

3. You are encouraged to participate and answer questions posted by other Forum Members
if you can
. The model for this Forum is users helping users.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If somebody says something sucks, that doesnt mean that when they figure out what they were doing wrong that they wont change their tune. Why waste time beating someone down when you can simply ignore the term "sucks" and offer advice to change their mind.

I get the feeling that people are trying to impress other forum members with their knowledge of the forum rules. I think that is childish. I think that the forum would be a better place if people would IGNORE things that they don't like instead of start a huge fire pointing them out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paul !

I have nothing against you or anybody else .

I speak for four forum members :

Iskander teh Owl ,Eeyore-nonhuman forum member ,Winnie teh Pooh and Bunny McRabbit .

Somebody finds me and "my friends " crazy or weird ,some say that`s disturbs them ,some don`t care .

I regard them as different personalities and they behave different .

But they all help people together with other things ,and they play by rules .

Yes ,this is a play ,all our life is .

I always say what I think and don`t hide nothing .

BTW ,the cause of MPD factor -the term - invention of James Mayette and stands for multiple personalities disease was a wish to get rid of the post count .

Every time when my post count jumped over 1500 or so I gave life to the new user with different character.

Then I get tired of this and wrote this request Topic: To webmaster /Flame protection enabled /

and the solution partly satisfied me .

Partly I mean that if my post count will raise over *** I would humby ask webadmin to do this once more !

I don`t like post count Idea but I play by rules .

That means I respect the rules and expect this from others .

I try to speak in the civilized manner too ,but sometimes it is hard to do ,when people say this sucks or that not getting into any details .

I work with this program ,I make a living with it and I like it .

I find it better than anything I used before and I

suppose the people come here for help or for chat ,not to cover Mastercam with dirt for no reason.

Yes ,it is not ideal ,and I covered this too .

But who is ?

And what Cad-Cam ?

There are things I dislike in it too....

So what ?

If you work ,work with good results and fast enough ,let us respect those who write the program.

Also I never saw the guys like in CNC software with such approach asking the end users for new features ,advices and so opened

With others my experience was a bit different ,

something like who told you you need it or your a the minority ,most users use the other approach or simply this is so because it must be so .

I also proud to get know with forum members all over the globe and to help some of them .

I was the initiator for Off topic forum to purify main forum from the flood of O/T and for making the Rules permanent first thread .

I respect the rules .

I repect CNC Software.

I respect moderators and webadmin .

And Irespect everyone .

At least ,that`s what I suppose .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get the feeling that people are trying to impress other forum members with their knowledge of the forum rules. I think that is childish. I think that the forum would be a better place if people would IGNORE things that they don't like instead of start a huge fire pointing them out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This would turn our forum into inferno and I would be first to leave it .

Best regards

I have seen some of what Paul is talking about...but I can happily say that I have never experienced it myself. I have had nothing but good experiences on this forum.

One thing that I do not do is take anything here as being personal...with the execption of the numb-skulled attacks against race, religion, family, and integrity launched by some that were passing through. If someone is a little grouchy or short with me...big deal...I deal with that every day....tomorrow is a new day, yesterday is forgotten.

I understand that someone with a zillion posts has probably seen every question that I would ask them...that is why I spend most of my time searching the forum instead of asking questions....occasionaly I forget and ask before I search and have never been torched for it.

Paul, I consider you a respected member of this forum, please dont get down on it because of the problems mentioned.

Thanks everyone for all their help.......I LUV THIS PLACE!!!!!!!

cheers.gif ~~~~~~~~~~~Shady

What I find with the "children" at work is that the ones that say "Your program sucks" are the ones that don't take the time to find out what the

real problem is (laziness) and I can usually walk out to the floor and find the problem in 2 minutes. The people that come in saying "I have a problem" have already gone through their setups and the problem a lot of times is within the program. I know sometimes I'm curt the the "Your program sucks" people and I can understand why the forum is also.

right on the money Tim. when i was

on the floor and had a problem i

would double check everything.

when i was satisfied i had everything

correct,then i would go upstairs.never

did i ever say ,hey your program sucks.

we all have to work together.now the

operaters we have now don't bother with

checking any thing out,its the program

that's wrong.well 98 percent of the time

it's the operater being a dumb arse,just

to lazy to check anything out.the other

2 percent is me.just yesterday i had a

operater come up and did this very thing.

i said ok and i checked my program right in front

of him.i said looks good.turns out he didn't

rotate his program correctly.now if he would

have checked everything out he would have

found his problem.no no it's the program man.

i don't get mad at anyone cause like i said

we all have to work together. just like

this forum.we are all working together.

this place has helped me over and over again.

just my 2c have good new year all

cheers.gif marty cheers.gif

quote:

Tell them, from now on, not to come to you with a problem without bringing at least TWO possible solutions with them. That'll get them using the rusty old brain a bit.

If I did that, then I would have people standing around looking like a monkey F'ing a football.

The MY boss would ask me: "How come these machines aren't running?"

UGH! Calgon take me away!

LOL

The biggest problem (if you want to call it that)

I have encountered is most of the high post guys

especially iskander and company are so damn smart it takes me a while to understand all that is said. Maybe if I keep at it it will rub off on me and someday some newbe will think I;m too damn smart. HA HA happy happy all cheers.gif