Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Version 9 to X function Map

Here is some additional information that may be helpful in understanding more about Mastercam X before you actually receive it.

The Mastercam Version 9 to Mastercam X function Map PDF file can be used as a map to help your transition from Mastercam Version 9 to Mastercam X. The diagrams explain how the functions in Mastercam X have been laid out and show where the same functions were located in the Version 9 menus. It also points out where multiple functions have been consolidated into easier options in Mastercam X. Click here www.mastercam.com/x/V92XFunctions.pdf to download this PDF file. To download the Reader, go to the Adobe Web site, www.adobe.com, and choose the Get Adobe Reader button on the left side of the page.

Ken,

so far one question. Pg.9 I see bolt circle (points) is being removed (replaced) by boltcircle.dll *net-hook*. will this behave like c-hook? Meaning, hit alt-c and pull this up? I realize that we can custom map c-hooks but will this work the same way???

Yes very different when it come to this. X is now Machine Defintion controlled for the file and not file controlled for the session. A big huh just went up. Well what I mean is if it is only a lathe file then Lathe MD will be present and that will be the over ridding factor in how it starts. G-Code will do lathe stuff using one set of MD and then do his Mill stuff in the same file using a Md for a mill and then another MD for that mill. He can then click post all and like the Different NCI names will post different program in V9 the MD will do the same for different machines and different posts all at one time and be done with it.

HTH

I will not comment on this before actually seeing x. but let's see what I am gonna miss.

File browse.

Cursor tracking toggle. (man sometime you do need to off that thing. frown.gif )

But I am glad we are actually hearing the usefull info about x. cheers.gif

quote:

You know that in V9 you can right click the file and pick on "Open with" and your Lath9 is right there next to mill9. I do it about 100 times a day lol.

OMG dude,thanks for the tip.It wasn't there but I just did file/browse/pick from list.....

That works like a charm.. cheers.gif

• 5 weeks later...