Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X printing

Tom Flyer

I paid a visit to one of our outside service shops to discuss some changes to a fixture I sent them, and the design engineer wanted to show off his new version X. After the obligatory oohs & ahs, I asked if I could have a printout of his display to show to our programmers. He looked kinda dismayed and said that he hasn't figured out some printing problems yet. Sending the file to their Epson 1520 (I think) rendered a black background. I asked if they had stock in Epson's ink factories. He said he couldn't get the printer to stop printing the black background, plus the resolution was really crappy. It reminded me of the "jaggies" graphics that were common in the '80s. I suggested trying another printer, and he said one of his associates hooked up an Epson 870 from the front office to it with the same results. I noticed there's no "Plot" command as in 9, so it seems that X doesn't play well with Windows drivers.

Anyone else having an issue with this?

quote:

I can't believe that no-one picked this up in beta.

I'm sure it was picked up on. There was talk of a service pack well before the release of X which means that Mastercam X was released with known issues. Again, not unusual for a major release, but as discussed in another thread, a "known issues" list would be helpful.

Paul

I have another issue with printing in X...

When I select print it goes directly to the default printer and it does not allow me to change printers. The workaround I found is to change the default printer in windows before hitting print. But is it something I am doing wrong or missing? The help file says that there is a print dialog box, but I cant find it, just the page setup which doesnt have any options for printers...

• 2 weeks later...

I've found a temporary solution to the black background printing problem. If I change my background color to white before printing, it will print out OK on my black-only HP LJ2100.

Kind of a pain in the @$$ but it gets me usable setup sheets until SP1 makes all things right. wink.gifrolleyes.gifsmile.gif

Now the question is, when will SP1 be available? confused.gif