Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I want my F2 back!

Thad

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

I even try to use them to zoom every time I use autocad (doesn't work) because the wheel is too slow.

Carl, you're kiddin' me. The zoom wheel in Autocad flies! In one "finger stoke," you've zoomed in so far all the entites are off the screen. biggrin.gif

Am I the only one who tries to zoom in on other non-CAD/CAM apps by using F1? biggrin.gif

Thad

Thad, I was talking about using F1 in autocad. I hit F1 at least once every time I use autocad because in mastercam I think it is faster then the wheel for pinpointing in on an area making a slection then F2 out to previous view. Then repeating those task till everything has been selected. With F2 the way it is now in MCX I find myself punching F2 many times and then having to use the wheel to get zoomed out far enough to locate the next area of to be zoomed.

I agree with you 100% on this issue, F2 should be previous view and not .8

Carl

I think Jay has a valid solution and I'm working on that just don't know when it will happen.

Jay, along with almost all the other resellers here don't make anything by helping me. Eastech here in Louisville has been great but sometimes it's just better to post questions or problems here on the forum where more people can benfit.

Many resellers beside our own have gone out of there way to help us. It's going to take more then just a few of us to let CNC to know what we want. >F2, Setdir, and a larger Autocurser.<

Carl

Bryan's mmouse chook works great use it all the time in v9 along with F2 but the wheel in MCX (spin and zoom)doesn't work the same as it does with Bryan's chook.

John MCX is our software by choice but some of the things we had before we think worked better. Just letting CNC know what we think works best.

Carl

Bernie,

I've been using McUtils for scroll mouse zoom since it came out. I couldn't do without it.

As Randy mentioned...

quote:

you could zoom into an area, then zoom tighter for a pick, etc, and F2 to the previous zoom, not just zoom out.

MC's scroll zoom is WAY to slow too. It can take 10 or more finger strokes to zoom back out.

Thad

The mouse zoom in X goofs me up. In V9 it used to use the center of the screen as it's focal point. In X the focal point is where ever the mouse is. So if your mouse is in the top left corner of your graphics window and you mouse zoom out, the part appears to move across the screen. Tons of 'little' things about X that don't work like they used to or are suppose to. Still a Mastercam fan though.