Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Why is MCX unstable ???

RandleXX

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for not getting to this post a day or two earlier, but we are tied up trying to wrap up the MR2 release.

Anyway, Pete is correct about the last minute find we had with crashing on File save. This fix may not fix all file save crashes, but it was a big one. As Pete said once the file was saved and crashed, it did us no good. We needed to find a file that we could save and crash on a regular basis and we did.

As far as other random crashes go, Many of the customers complaining about random crashing have had XEON processors. We worked with one customer for a month and even offered to send them another computer if he sent us his and after 2 months, about 40 crash reports a day and trying many different things, the customer went out, bought a new mouse and he has been pleasantly happy since. Go figure.

We have been hammering 2 of the XEON machines we have in house and we have ZERO problems. So once again, if we can't duplicate it, we can't fix it.

Now for those of you complaining about not experiencing these problems with other software, that may be true in your case, but all you have to do is some searches on the internet and you will find similar posts like Randle's on other software packages, so it's not just a Mastercam X problem.

Believe me, we take this serious and have worked long and hard with customers to try and solve these problems and unfortunately believe it or not, at times a new driver, bios or change in setting fixes something. With that said, I'm not one for dumbing down my computer, but we still need to work at narrowing down what the problem is and sometimes that means turning functions off, upgrading bios or drivers, etc whether we believe we should or not.

Also, if you are crashing, make sure you DO SUBMIT the crash reports. We have had great success with these and have been able to track down and fix some problems in a more efficient manner. We do get these reports and do work with them. We may not respond to everyone that sends one in, but they are being used.

We do care and do listen to our customers, but bitching, moaning and lack of cooperation with these efforts do not help anyone. We have to work as partners to figure out the problems and find solutions.

So, who wants to step up to the plate and help find solutions???

quote:

So, who wants to step up to the plate and help find solutions???

Me. What do you need? Time permitting, I'll do what I can.

quote:

but bitching, moaning and lack of cooperation with these efforts do not help anyone

BTW, venting frustrations isn't necessarily a bad thing. Just ask Pete. biggrin.gif

Thad

Well now, CNC obviously has some internal personnel issues it needs to deal with.

After showing this thread to my chief, and after showing him how the guys at CNC blame everyone but themselves for shoddy work, I now have permission to purchase a new CAM package of my choice. His conclusion is that we simply cannot afford to rely on Mastercam anymore..

A BIG thanks to all of you truly made an effort to help.

cheers.gif

How come that I am using ver 9 doing complex parts never had a problem and you Randell randelling here

for such a long time ?

May be instead of making too much noize look at yourself ,at your behavior and professionalism ?

Anyway ,come visit us ,some pipl here like you ,including moderators .

We `ll be happy to know your success story with

other program ,Mr toolpath engineer aka Extreme High Master tolpath enginnering God

Br

Iskander aka Lousy Dumb Red Button Pusher

I for one, did not try to or mean to sound like a complainer, if I came across that way. I have never threatened to switch softwares, in fact we just bought another seat last week. I do send in a crash report when mine crashes also.

My old box was a dual xeon, and I wasn't having any crashing problems with it. This box is new, and I have a strong hunch that it is my mouse driver causing it, just because it seems to crash when I move my mouse.

I don't mind jumping between 9 and X, we do so for other reasons here still, and probably will for some time yet.

Keep up the good work CNC, I have been using MC for too many years to give up on it now, and I'm sure it will be worth it when most of these bugs are gone.

Randle, outside of being a loud mouth calling people names, I feel bad for you. I have had a customer that had just as bad of a time as you (if not worse) at one point and it was very, very frustrating for him. Unlike you he worked with us to figure out what the problems were. None of them were Mastercam related, all hardware, network, driver related. It was very easy to convince him that the problem wasn't Mastercam by running his files on another pc with zero crashing. If you are not willing to take the steps to figure out what is wrong I don't understand how you think any software will be different. Many softwares are much more touchy than Mastercam is when it comes to networking/user rights/hardware/etc... It's a that you don't seem to understand that no software will run perfect under any/all conditions. I've ran softwares where you couldn't even sneeze without crashing, usually due to some type of hardware/networking combo but still very frustrating to use. Do you not think that it is odd that a dozen people ran your file without crashing? Have you tried working off of a local file? Have you tried logging in locally instead of to the network?

I do wish you good luck, and good luck to the next group of guys that try to help you.

RandleXX....Everyone has had their frustrations with X, including myself. But to go and buy another CADCAM system when you already have the best one on the planet, well I think it's not to smart.

CNC has just about fixed all the major bugs in a total rewrite of a piece of software that took 20 years to develope in another kernel.

I think they have excellent software Guru's over there...

I feel your frustration, but this is not the way to handle it dude....

Murlin teh chill out

PS... oh BTW Jim, when I found out that it was my hardware causing me to do most of the crashing, I stopped sending in the crash reports.

You guys still want us to send in all of them?

I hardly crash now with my new 865 chipset and Quadro FX500...

BY the way I used for a year Cimatron and managed to remain in good relations with everyone (support ,programmers and so on ) .

Some of the guys are my good friends .

Now go and tell them the words you say and you `ll

remain the stupid dumbass for your hole (whole )life .

If you have no respect for noone ,be at least practical

I would never agree to work with someone as you side by side .

Such an attitude to people sux .

I never speak in such a manner ,even when a man real fool ,try to respect him for his age ,and other good things he may do .

And even in a joke downgrade yourself a bit ,it will do you good

quote:

After showing this thread to my chief, and after showing him how the guys at CNC blame everyone but themselves for shoddy work, I now have permission to purchase a new CAM package of my choice. His conclusion is that we simply cannot afford to rely on Mastercam anymore..

So Randle, tell us (there is no us), were you born that stupid, or did your mama make you take lessons later in life? Inquiring minds would love to know.

For RandyN,

No one has a problem with your comments, but when the people here give you things to try it's a way of us trying to eliminate different things that could be the problem.

"butI refuse to turn my hardware acceleration off or to the first notch"

If we can't get to the core problem by the process of elimination then it's hard for people 500-1000 miles away to help you. Once you try something that helps then you can go to QC with what you had to do to fix it and maybe it can be solved on the next maintenance or service pack release.

And if it does fix it by doing this for now at least you are up and going till it does get addressed.

I hate that Randle feels this way because IMHO I feel some small problem with his pc or network is going to make him rob himself of a great programming package.