Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Vs Bobcad

Pete McCann Cimquest

Funny, I had a Bobcad salesman call me yesterday and try to tell me that he knew of alot of places that had mastercam and used Bobcad for thier "easier parts" because it was so much faster to program in 2d. You can get the program, free support and lifetime posts for less that 2 years maintenance.....

ahhhh, no thanks.....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I played around in Bobcad a few years back. I lasted almost a day. Really, if you're serious - Bobcad is a joke. As for 'easier 2D toolpaths' - baloney! Bobcad is so simple its hard [what's that supposed to mean? I confused myself!] biggrin.gif

You can get a seat of Bobcad for CHEAP. But you get what you pay for.

A Bobcad salesman years back asked "who needs shaded surfs anyway". bonk.gif

BobCAD supposedly has been rewritten from the ground up for Version 22.

It's a safe bet that BobCAD development isn't being done in the U.S by people with a manufacturing background.

BobCAD doesn't use a post-processor.

It uses a code generator.

OneCNC is a step up but that's not saying much.

That said, BobCAD will NEVER be able to machine parts that Mastercam does routinely in Mill & Lathe Level 1.

Mastercam devlopment is done in the U.S by people who actually have a manufacturing background.

The choice seems obvious to me.

Well PRo-E has its place for modeling. But from what I have seen of the NC side Mastercam is a hellll of alot easier and more functional. I am still getting my feet wet with Pro-E and the easiest of task in Mastercam are like pulling teeth so far in PRO-E. I mean after 3 weeks of Mastercam I was doing some pretty trivk stuff 3 weeks of PRO-E and I think I finally got a grasp on skelton models for assemblies.

You want to modify a post for PRO-E lolololololololololololol is the long and short of it for what I can seen and heard from the others. I take what I have been given for the last 3 weeks to do and could have done in 4 days on Mastercam. So trying to just get the hand of it. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

quote:

I have seen of the NC side Mastercam is a hellll of alot easier and more functional.

do a lead in lead out in nc and compare it to the ease of mastercam.

Mastercam blows em out of the water!

went through training for Nc and couldnt believe the extra you had to do for a simple lead in lead out.