Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Would anyone else like to see V9 style menu as an option?

kunfuzed

Now that I've been using X for several months, I'm finally getting used to the newer interface and finding plenty to like. I also think the customized right click is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

But... for me, I'm still convinced that a lot of geometry creation and editing, was faster in version 9.

For example, Xform Translate all entities from point to point is something I do frequently. I do have this added to my right click, but it's still a total of 8 clicks(let me know if theres a faster way). Now in version 9, there are actually 9 steps required, but 6 of these were keystrokes, and only 3 were clicks. The thing is though, I could do those 6 keystrokes in the same time it takes me to do the first 2 or 3 clicks in X.

I find this is the case for a lot of other ones also, like create circle point and diameter. The thing I miss most there is the default to the diameter input, since I'm alread at the keyboard. It takes me a lot more time it seems draging my mouse from button to field to button.

Another advantage I find with the older versions, is that I could sit down at anyones computer, and still be just as fast.

So I'm not saying X doesn't have it's advantages(it has a lot), but I would like to see the old style menu and keystrokes(not custom ones I have to go through and set up for each situation) as an option you could turn on. I however am no software engineer, so I don't realize the work involed in adding this feature, but if it were realisticly possible, I would love to see it. smile.gif

Please, lets not go back. I for one, used to love MC9 for that reason, but I dread using MC9 now.

There are already keystrokes that make things go faster. I count only 6 clicks for xform all entities. (ctrl-A > xform > point to point > first point > second point > enter).

have you customized your toolbars for drafting, surfaces, toolpaths ect... (even MD can have it's own)

So in short, NO!!!

kunfuzed,

when creating the circle,just click icon,hit d on the keyboard,type in dia.

xform translate all ent or select ent from 1 pt to another is only max of 6 clicks i believe.

do you have the enable power keys and fast point mode selected in autocursor.

quote:

In theory ,Yes !

(see beta testers forum for what I wrote )

In reality ,it is impossible so no need to waste time on it

Yeah, that's kinda what I was thinking. Thanks for the response.

In the end, X really can be faster I guess, and deffinately more customizable with more options provided. But I just now have sit down and take the time to set up and learn all these new short cuts to get my speed back up to V9.

Now if only X had a way of providing complete control over the toolpath, a kind of Graphical Toolpath Editor maybe... biggrin.gif