Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Benchmark

Roger Peterson

Computer 1.

Dell T7600

XEON E5-2630 @ 2.3 GHZ

32 RAM

Nvidia Quadro 4000

Old benchmark file 52.46 sec

New benchmark file 5min 19.14 sec

Computer 2.

Dell T7400

XEON X5482 @ 3.20 GHZ

32 Ram

Nvida Quadro fx 4600

Old benchmark file 59.015 sec

New benchmark file 5min 43.248 sec

Maybe we can get a spreadsheet going with all the results?

Maybe make a stickied post at the top with the files and spreadsheet of results? so you can always find the actual files and results.

Then have another thread for benchmark discussion?

Maybe we can get a spreadsheet going with all the results?

Maybe make a stickied post at the top with the files and spreadsheet of results? so you can always find the actual files and results.

Then have another thread for benchmark discussion?

Great idea and well volunteered!

There's 1600+ posts in this thread - take out the non results and there's probably 1000 threads of data to enter into 'your' spread sheet.

Good luck :hrhr:

Great idea and well volunteered!

There's 1600+ posts in this thread - take out the non results and there's probably 1000 threads of data to enter into 'your' spread sheet.

Good luck :hrhr:

Ya I would just start over. :vava:

I was thinking CNC would do it....

COUGH COUGH....

great real world data ( yes i know there is some user error types in there probably but can't be all that bad of data) that cost minimum dollars to scoop up and show off to potential new customers/existing ones....

COUGH COUGH

or just data to help alleviate problems in the future by using specific recommended hardware that is proven to work rock solid....there is value to this no doubt....

computers are complicated and xxxx just happens sometimes so knowing what works for most people is not good info to have?!?!?!?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mastercam X8 , I reset the tolerances  to 0.0001 , used the inch version, turned off display surface /plane intresections and used the ramdrive as suggested on the first pages. (the ramdrive did nothing special for me )

Self made PC , 16 GB memory , 64 bit windows 7 , Intel i7 - 2600K cpu 3.4 GHZ

According to the event log 54.522s and the second time around 4.24 sec.

The graphic card was definitely around 70Euro (100 USD) 

The processor was 220 E (300 USD)

The memory was 172 E   (USD 220)

The mainboard was 80E (100USD) , the rest was old stuff , all in all a PC for 700 USD  and X8 and a response time of 54 secs and people on processors I only see on American processor films ( :) )  and ancient X2 are reporting times as good as 30 min. 

Summary : I am very happy with my life . :)

Gracjan

Wouldn't your time be 7:12 and 2:33?

I thought the time started from when you hit regen selected operations up until it was done regenerating everything

From your pictures:

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

The way I understand they read the time stamp, is in the line marked 09:59:25 as the total time,...

No.. What about all of the other times? 

If you're referring to the other values in the total time column, that is the time individual functions within the utility happen.

The best way to confirm the total time being stated by the log file would be to manually time it with a stop watch and compare the results.

OK,.. I reopened the file in McamX7,..

I've saved the file with the tpaths dirty so there is no need to prep the file prior to regeneration.

To confirm the time I used my phone's stop watch.

I hit the start at the same time I selected the regen utility.

In the log file you can see the file was opened at 13:18:46 and 13:19:08 - :12 is when the regen started.

At 13:23:41 the total time is listed as 3min 11.65sec

I stopped the time time on my phone when the last tpath finished and it returned 04:32.2

Where did the other min & 1/2 go?   :no

Dunno, that's much higher up the pay scale from me.

Wouldn't your time be 7:12 and 2:33?

I thought the time started from when you hit regen selected operations up until it was done regenerating everything

From your pictures:

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

I always select all then regen that way I get a total time for the entire process and I don't have to do any math. :D