Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 MR2 Vids

I like the new levels manager. MCX has come a longway in a short time. I guess the change to Windows format instead of dos makes it easier to use industry standard programming tools and aps. I feel if a company lets the maint. expire they are really doing themselves a disservice, at the rate things are going if you miss 1 or 2 years of maint. you could really be missing out on some great tools and enhancments.

quote:

If you read at the top of the video sections it says "To watch some of the highlights in Mastercam X2 MR2 in action, see the videos below."

I think they updated the page. There used to be a section titled MR1, now there isn't. There's also more videos up than there were before. The text that you quoted may have been there the entire time though.

Thad

quote:

Sweet! Looking forward to MR2!

yeah same here Thad, it's been a year and 4 months at the current job with NO Mastercam. But I FINALLY got a copy of the quote for not 1 but 2, count'em 2 seats of Mill Level 3 with Solids and maintenance! cool.gif can't wait to get going with the new TOYS biggrin.gif

The other Programmer is finally using the X Demo now that he knows were movin up to the Real Deal. wink.gif

If you ever had to leave Mastercam and use another software you would know exactly what I mean. It just sucks knowing you can do all your work faster and easier if you just had the RIGHT tool in your toolbox.

The new MIRROR still has the Lead INOUTS incorrect.

Watch the Video it arcs IN on the green line and arcs OUT on the Mirror.

I have asked before for a switch in the Lead in/ outs so you can switch them over for mirrored toolpaths.

Some of those vid's look pretty sweet. But it makes me wonder why they would invest the time into things like adding font/color/size options to the Op's managaer when there are so many other things that need to be addressed....one of them being lathe. And yes, I realize that for X3 lathe is going to change ALOT! but still....we already have an ops manager change, call X+ =]

All in all, looks very good for the updates tho