Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X2 MR2 Service Pack 1

Mastercam X2 MR2 SP1 is now available for download. Please see the ReadMe for a detailed list of bug fixes in the SP. The fixes made in Patch001.exe and Patch002.exe are also included in this installation. Since they are no longer necessary, these patches will be removed from our website.

To download X2 MR2 SP1, please click the following link: http://www.mastercam.com/Support/Downloads...X2/Default.aspx . Next, right-click "mastercamx2-mr2-servicepack001.zip," select "Save link as" and choose a download location. Once you have downloaded the *.zip file, extract it, double-click on the *.exe contained in the installation folder and follow the installation instructions. Keep in mind that X2 MR2 must be installed on your system since SP1 runs on top of X2 MR2 (it is not a standalone installation.)

Please note that an "Uninstall" folder will be created within your X2 MR2 directory. These are the backed up X2 MR2 files which are restored if X2 MR2 SP1 is uninstalled. To uninstall X2 MR2 SP1, go into Control Panel and double-click the “Add/Remove Programs” applet followed by clicking “Remove” next to “Mastercam X2 MR2 Service Pack 1.” It is important to uninstall X2 MR2 SP1 before uninstalling X2 MR2, otherwise the "mcamx/uninstall" directory will remain and could cause problems if a future release is installed to the same location. The required maintenance date does not change if X2 MR2 SP1 is installed.

If you have any problems or suggestions, please either email [email protected].

Thank you.

[ 01-07-2008, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: JParis@CNC Programming Solutions® ]

Looks pretty promising

quote:

This Service Pack contains a number of updates and bug fixes including:

Translator updates for SolidWorks 2008 and SolidEdge V20 compatibility.

HST entry ramp / helix issues.

Surface toolpath undercut problems.

Several Backplot fixes.

Many bugs that caused Mastercam X2 MR2 to crash

Chris, Does this SP fix any of the bugs I've described in my post: "Can you go back to X2 MR1 from MR2?" that I posted on 12/29/07? I won't be able to read the "readme" file until I install it. I don't see a "what's new" file on the MC website either. The "info" button at the download page doesn't go into much detail. At this point, if none of my issues have been addressed by this SP, I might as well go back to MR1 or just wait for X3.

We downloaded but haven't installed so I can't see the Read Me file. If anyone has the time please copy and paste the detailed list of bugs fixed in this thread. Or if it is too much info maybe someone can put it on the ftp. We are going to try and make the switch on Monday.

Thanks!

Ployd

Also I know anyone who Maintenance expired up to August 31, 2007 can use this service Pack for X2MR2. I know this because one of our seats Maintenance expired then and we can use this service pack.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Here is hoping X3 does not drive our Mill/Turn programming to Esprit. With saying that thanks for all the hard work to the folks at CNC and sorry to make the above statement, but I hope they understand where I am coming from.