Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3

Lee.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...And that wow factor will remain until CNC Software decides to quit using Mastercam fanboi's as beta testers...

ID10T!

quote:

I would assume most beta guys look hard at the 3-5 axis stuff

I can tell you that there are exceptions to that. I'm a Beta tester and I only have level 2. This means that I frequently have to skin a particular cat a different way than others would, and get to stretch a different part of the envelope. I can't count how many feature requests and bug reports I've sent in.

quote:

Does it have bugs yes. Do we point them out yes!!!!!!!!!!!!one Is it our responsibility to make them fix them no!

OK then. Perhaps I'm wrong about the beta testers. Unlikely though, but a slim possibility.

So what you're really saying is that the programmers at CNC Software are incompetent.

It's certainly plausible.

Would explain things like key presses at the wrong time corrupting files or crashing Mastercam. I mean like, what kind of bumbling dolts would let code like that escape beyond concept then let end users deal with it?

Yeah, that has to be it. It couldn't be the beta testing fanboi's working around age old bugs instead of getting them fixed to play with their new toys.

Could it?

Look (edited) you can stick it up your (edited) for all I care. They can ban me kick me off of here, but you are just a (edited) person who needs to get a reality check. You don't like our efforts then leave period!!!! I am told to forgive and God is mad at me right now, but it does not mean I have to ever help you and acknowledge you from this point forward. Hopefully you can get the 1000lb chip of your shoulder about Mastercam and the Beta testers, but as a Beta tester I really think you need to lean some manners. Disrespect is just something I can not stand and you (edited) are just that an (edited).

This place is a community and in that community we try to look out for others and you need to be kicked off the island. Have you doubts about Beta testers you are misinformed. What did you mommy not let the other kids play with you when you were little????

Grow the (edited) up and get a reality check. Want to be part of the solution make a list of those bugs and send them to QC. Ask about your problems on this forum made of people you detest and quit using that 286 computer with 32 mb of ram on Win 3.1 OS and guess what Mastercam might work better for you.

Ignore list Added person Anubis!!!!!!!!!

Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I edited the response for my own personally reasons.

Well Mr Anubis or whatever he calls himself now, seeing as though he didn't post for almost a year and half, aka Bob Heininger, his "old" posting screen name. If you want to waste a bit of your time, like I did, you'll find from a large portion, certainly not all, of his posts that it is quite apparent he's a "wanna be" Beta Tester.

Now, seeing his forum behavior, it is my supposition that his reseller will not nominate him for the program based of the evidentury facts of such.

So he likes to come onto the forum and throw his little tantrums. I believe there is some growing up still on the part of Mr Bob that needs to take place, I suspect he is of middle age or slightly older yet still quite immature and prone to sudden childish outbursts.

I might suggest from here on out that like a child exhibiting poor behavior to obtain a parents' attention, we too practice patience with such tomfoolery, simply ignoring, not acknowledging the sight of the child in the throes of said tantrum.

Have a "Nice" day Bob

I'm throwing tantrums? Huh? Suggest get yourself some new reading glasses and take a look at recent posts by your pal Ron Teh Crazy Milltard. *Those* are tantrums.

Again, maybe the poor current condition of Mastercam doesn't have anything to do with beta testing or programming at CNC Software after all. Perhaps the marketing department is running the show and forcing beta quality software to be shipped to us end users?

Is it really too much to ask for X2 to be finished before resources are spent on X3?

quote:

maybe the poor current condition of Mastercam doesn't have anything to do with beta testing or programming at CNC Software

Anubis..I've been a beta tester since 1999.

Many things you like about Mastercam are the direct result of my input as are many of the dead bugs you have never even met.

My current job is 65 hours a week and my employer

will not allow me to use beta software.

Any beta testing I do is on my own time, on my own seat, on my own dime.

If that is not enough for you that's TFB... its still 1000X more than you are doing.

as far as the fanboi remark.. wasn't Anubis some lame villan in Stargate.. ??

personally I would like to see this guy go away. This is a place to give and receive some tech assistance in the use of MC. Not try to trash it because your sales of some other platform are falling. This discussion alone is in the wrong forum. Should be in the off topic, but I see he's infected the place with his stench there as well. bs.gifcurse.giffirebounce.gifflame.gif

quote:

Ron Teh Crazy Milltard

Funny did you come up with that all on your own or did you ask your special ed teacher for help???

They told me I was special in school, but I did have enough thinking capabilities to not have to ride the short bus unlike yourself.

cuckoo.gif

cuckoo.gif

cuckoo.gif

Bob have a good day and sorry it seems like you lost your job. I am sure anyone who is reading the forum will be glad to have an outstanding person as yourself come work for them.

bonk.gif

bonk.gif

bonk.gif

quote:

This discussion alone is in the wrong forum

Do feel free to post on topic or not read it at all.

quote:

Kinda waiting for ideal tool capable of everything.

Actually, I'm 'kinda' waiting for Mastercam to work like it's supposed to. *Finishing* X2 before spending resources on X3 would be a huge step in the right direction.

quote:

Bob have a good day and sorry it seems like you lost your job.

Thanks, my day is going good. No need to be sorry though, I'm gainfully employed, always have been.

quote:

as far as the fanboi remark.. wasn't Anubis some lame villan in Stargate.. ??

Egyptian mythology - Anubis - the jackal headed original god of the dead. Don't read anything into that, it's just a pseudonym and I'm an atheist.

quote:

Many things you like about Mastercam are the direct result of my input

Fair enough. Whose input is responsible for the poorly designed interface, crashes & corrupted files from keystrokes at the wrong time, and toolpaths that don't work correctly when WCS's are being used?

When things like this are complained about here it gets dismissed by the usual subjects. Sorry, I don't drink the same koolaid they do and never will.

Don't like the chain, view or level managers obstructing geometry on the screen? Go buy a dual monitor setup is the mantra! How about fix the horribly broken interface for cripes sake? Any pop up / window / dialog box which has a function of selecting geometry and gets in the way of selecting said geometry is just plain effing stupid software design. Period.

Files corrupted? Backup backup backup is the mantra! Oh yeah, and don't press the escape key to back out of drafting functions. More poor software design. Key presses, be it inadvertent, bad timing or whatever shouldn't cause software to crash or corrupt files.

This is incredibly basic stuff folks. How the heck does it escape beta testing and make it into production releases? That's a dead (no pun intended) serious question.

BTW Bob,

your gripes should be taken to your reseller and CNC Software, even when things are found and pointed out it is not up the Beta testers to fix or prioritize when.

We find and point out, b*itch and complain, beyond that it is out of our hands.

If that reality still doesn't sink in there isn't much else we can do to make that clear to you.

quote:

Constructive critisism is always welcome..

but when you start if off with personal attacks

its not going to acomplish much and may get you banned..

There was no personal attack. Just a few people loudly over reacted to an innocuous observation to make it look like one. Typical gang mentality is all.

If that gets me banned? Ohhh...wow...rah rah rah, you really showed me...

Pbbbbt.

This is called banquerizm .

Do you recall graphical toolpath editing ,John ?

And with just the same bad mouth .

These trolls can not be polite .

Anubis , you are still the small starlet .

We saw here trolls of supernova caliber .

We owe you nothing .

You owe us nothing .

The world will not turn upside down if you`ll migrate to some other Cad-Cam system .

Just try to be a gentleman and respect

rules and people here or in some other forum .

It worth an effort

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Dual monitor setups ARE much better than single monitor setups... EVEN IF you don't have your ops manager and levels manager open all the time from a computing efficiency standpoint. Blaming Beta Testers for a software's ills is pretty lame,it shows a general lack of understanding. You should gain some before you speak and remove all doubt about what you don't know.

Having read through this thread, I would agree with quite a number of comments that are made by Anubis. Yes, I use this forum just like everyone else, and gain a lot of useful information, but I do understand the frustration exibited by Anubis that is taken out of context in this forum. I have many times wondered why CNC Software continues to release new versions when they still haven't finished developing the current release. Although its impossible to please all the people all of the time, I too think CNC needs to pull up their socks and respond to their customers requirements rather than what the marketing department would like to see.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I don't know that anyone is disputing his points, I think the manner in which he is griping (i.e. blasting beta testers;

quote:

...And that wow factor will remain until CNC Software decides to quit using Mastercam fanboi's as beta testers...

quote:

...Perhaps I'm wrong about the beta testers. Unlikely though,...

CNC's programmers

quote:

...the programmers at CNC Software are incompetent.

It's certainly plausible...

etc...

The correct approach is to e-mail [email protected] and address it that way.

Do you ever submit the crash reports? AND give an e-mail contact? I know I've been contacted several times by the developers asking for more info. Ever take the time to do that? You may think it's not your job; fair enough, but it's kinda like the whiney snot that's not happy with our Government, then does not do their part and vote to change things.

So, since you have all the answers for the UI, Crashes, etc... get onthe Beta Program, or better yet, become a software developer and make it better yourself then we can all be amazed at how much better Mastercam is now that you're there looking out for our best interests.

quote:

...Although its impossible to please all the people all of the time, I too think CNC needs to pull up their socks and respond to their customers requirements rather than what the marketing department would like to see.

As do I. I have been VERY vocal on numerous topics related to MC Development and do share the opinion that the marketing folks at CNC NEED to be reigned in. They are doing stuff like fART, working inside of SolidWorks, and stuff like that instead of finishing Multi-Axis Lathe stuff (that they started 10 years ago) curse.gif

JM2C