Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3

Lee.

I sent this to QC 5 years ago ,and got no answer

I composed a yeller about VERY BIG PROBLEM -

It started all good ,it was a sensation

I drew a big pot on the Mastercam station !

I drew it in Solids and painted it green

And put in some honey on level 13 .

I opened the same file the next early morning

The pot was all there ,but where`s the honey ?

I`m yelling from hunger and desperation

I `m seeking for help and consolation

(And CNC Software must pay me some compensation )

Still no honey

I'm with the stork on this one. Every time I open a model then go home for the night nothing gets done. I leave it open all night long, sometimes over the weekend even, and when I return it isn't programmed yet. No toolpaths, nothing! Hopefully they'll get the whole toolpath through osmosis thing worked out in X3. I'm tired of sending this bug to QC to no avail. And so far, none of you fanboi's have done anything to help me.... biggrin.gif

All I know

Is I asked for a Mastercam to be able to get and dispense me a cold beer upon request.

Pete developed it and NOW refuses to let it out of the testing stage.

He's keeping it all for himself.

Jeez' what do I pay maintenance for if I can not get a product enhancement that nearly everyone would enjoy and use.

biggrin.gif

Developers :headshake:

Am i missing something? Anubis' comments just seemed to be vocally loud and not insulting.

assuming a "fanboi" is

Someone who is hopelessly devoted to something and will like anything associated with thier particular thing.

Also, it (this forum) might not be the natural place to evaluate the flaws of X2 or X3, as there will be a natural Bias towards it, but it is the best!

Yes, when you are using something for donkeys years you do build up an "immunity" to its natural problems, which is why you need new people contributing.

If I am not mistaken, the first version of Mastercam I came across was on Floppy Disks, someone can correct me there....

Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts.

To see what the "real World" thinks of something, have a look around......

Who is buying OneCNC because of price issues?

Who is opting for Powermill?

Who is opting for Esprit?

becasue they are just tired of "plain" old Mastercam and its bugs, and also may i say totally dissillusioned with lack ofcost of support.

I like Mastercam, have done for years, have used others, seen their benefits and downsides.

If i see something that might be better then

[email protected]

We should all do this - nothing may be too small.

BTW - The Fix X2 before X3 rant is a bit tiring. Consider that everything evolves, the market moves quickly, smoetimes not as fast as potential customers switch - if Mastercam was to sit still resolving relativly minor issues it would be dead.

And then the comnplaint would be ....why no new version...why no FBM ....etc etc

Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts.

Darren,

Yes I think you are missing something. As was stated earlier in this thread, no one really had a problem with what Anibus was saying, but how he was saying it. If you read the whole thread it's clear that he is'nt just voicing frustration but is clearly trying to demean and undermine the hard work that the beta testers are doing. Everyone here knows that MC has flaws but it's still the best out there. Maybe not in every aspect but I would challenge you to buy a competitors CAM package and then try to hire some one who is familiar with it. You will have less than 10% of the applicants. Mastercam is the leader because more people use it and are familiar with it.

Anibus' comments are insulting because he doesn't care about the work that's on going to make MC better. He is clearly jaded and closed minded as JParis pointed out. He's been here before and been banned. He's not looking for help he's looking to stir the pot.

JM2C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Who is opting for Powermill?...

Higher end folks that want more power/options and faster processing speed from their surface toolpaths. Legit concern IMHO.

quote:

...Who is opting for Esprit?...

People with Mill-Turn machines that want what Mastercam has been trying to develop for about 10 years. biggrin.giftongue.gif Also a legit concern IMHO. I've been steering our customers toward Esprit and Part Maker because of MC'sr lack of development/support in this area.

quote:

...becasue they are just tired of "plain" old Mastercam and its bugs...

Ummm, I believe that may be true in some cases but I think in all honesty, deciding to go with another CAM package goes more along the lines of Mastercam not meeting specific real or percieved need(s).

hmmm...I just heard....word around the campfire is late June for X3. Word also is not to expect too much...very little for a "power user".

Pretty much the word is if you use ATP, you will see a difference....& if you want to run inside of Solidworks..well there is going to be that (HST paths only tho).

Oh yes...and there are also going to be (as CNCApps guy so very well puts it) fARTS enhancements.

If you are looking for support for your mill/turns...don't get your hopes up come the end of June...

Personally I was hoping for something like Adaptive Clearing/Surfcam "Truemill"/VoluMill as a new toolpath...along with supporting mill/turns

quote:

It was great to finally meet you in person John.

Damn good to meet you too. Jimmy as well.

and the beer was cold smile.gif

At least you guys didn't feel the need to bring 24 cases of "home" brew biggrin.gif

quote:

Personally I was hoping for something like Adaptive Clearing/Surfcam "Truemill"/VoluMill as a new toolpath...along with supporting mill/turns

We have one license of Cimco-hsm Adaptive clearing here to share among five seats of MCX. I would also love to see this as a MCX included toolpath.

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Everyone here knows that MC has flaws but it's still the best out there. Maybe not in every aspect but I would challenge you to buy a competitors CAM package and then try to hire some one who is familiar with it. You will have less than 10% of the applicants. Mastercam is the leader because more people use it and are familiar with it.

Ive had the opportunity to dabble with allot of cam systems out there and have never come across one with the amount of buggs that mastercam has. I hardly believe that because more people use it and are familiar with it makes it the "best". My boss bought it because more people use it and has been so ticked off at all of the buggs in the software ive been having a hard time keeping him paying the maintenance. The software we previously used, he dropped because of the huge mastercam following and the ease of finding programmers but we didnt have a fraction of the issues with that other software. Ive come to like mastercam allot more than I had in the past and enjoy allot of the functions it has to make my job easier but the "best?" I dont know about that. smile.gif