Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3

Lee.

This just came via e-mail.

I thought we were really close to a release, but this doesn't sound promising, can someone shed some light on it

Mastercam X3 has just entered enthusiastic beta testing, and we’re getting a lot of positive feedback on the many new benefits that the software delivers. Stay tuned – we’ll have continuing updates in future issues of the Mastercam News Flash.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Wouldn't YOU like to know!?!?!?!?

biggrin.giftongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Downloading Beta 2 now. Seems like the Beta in certain respects is further along than the low number would indicate. That's all I have to say about that. biggrin.gif

quote:

I heard on the grapevine that there is a huge WOW factor with X3

Indeed. It goes something like this:

All the bugs which have been around since the initial release of version X are still there along with some new ones. WOW!

And that wow factor will remain until CNC Software decides to quit using Mastercam fanboi's as beta testers.

• Like 1

quote:

All the bugs which have been around since the initial release of version X are still there along with some new ones.

quote:

until CNC Software decides to quit using Mastercam fanboi's as beta testers.

So Anus-boy where did you get this info ??

PEACE biggrin.gif

quote:

And that wow factor will remain until CNC Software decides to quit using Mastercam fanboi's as beta testers.

Ummm.. Who else ya gonna get to beta test? Someone who hates Mastercam or someone who has zero knowledge of it at all? The logical tester is one who has the skills to push it to the limits and find it's weak spots. To be that skilled at something typically means you like working with it. Most people who hate the crap they are dealing with do not become proficient at it. So yes, Fans of MC are nominated to be Beta testers as they are skilled and adept with it.

Maybe we should have people who don't like MC or have no experience with it start being the beta testers. I'm sure that would make it better.

While we're at it, let's make 5 year old girls be auto testers They aren't big vehicle fans so they obviously would be a better choice. Maybe we could get an Amazon tribesman to start doing book reviews for Barnes and Noble. They can't read English, so we can establish that they aren't already fans of Stephen King. cuckoo.gif

quote:

1. fanboi

Someone who is hopelessly devoted to something and will like anything associated with thier particular thing.

2. fanboi

Geek Term related to forum users who think a product/company/person can do no wrong.

3. Fanboi

Deliberate mispelling of the word 'fanboy' typically referring to an annoying, immature fan of a specific video game console.

4. fanboi

A person who posts in internet forums with a bigger signature than what he posts. Signature sometimes contain full computer specs, 1-2 images (that contain the LOGO for the company/game/other the person is a fanboi of)

5. fanboi

Alternate of fanboy.

You must be either retarded or a fanboi.

6. fanboi

1. Alternate spelling for fanboy, generally implying youth

2. A hot, gay fanboy, usually young, or a twink

7. fanboi

A fanboi is a gaming term for someone who immitates a person/clan that he or she hates in order to annoy or cause trouble.

Linky:

So when we come on here and make comments about things we do not like about the software we are still idiots huh. Sorry your not able to make your job easier with this software. Does it have bugs yes. Do we point them out yes!!!!!!!!!!!!one Is it our responsibility to make them fix them no!!!!!!!!!!one If I would have had my way then MMT would have already been out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1million

So get out of the office with no windows or next to the CNC mill and get some fresh air before you attack people who are trying to make your job easier and better.

Well the BETA testers do what they can. It just seems to me that they need every level of TESTER from Level 1 to Level 3. I dont think this happens. I would assume most beta guys look hard at the 3-5 axis stuff, which in return makes the simple stuff slip through the cracks. I dont blame the BETA tester 100%, but some of this simple stuff and work arounds are crazy. For example, Why in the HELL has it taken so many years to get anything done to Lathe? The wire side finally got a little attention with the release of X. But it seems like they are happy putting more gadgets into Mill than fixing what they have and build from there.

Just M2C.

quote:

Would it not be somewhat reasonable to think that it is close to being ready if that were the case?

Rarely, if ever do beta testers know of the release date. Even if we did, we couldn't tell you.

But I did receive an update newsletter from an oversees reseller which included expected June release of x3.

It could be just a guess though on their part.

cheers.gif

X3 will be out when CNC is ready to release it. They could release it without doing a BETA cycle and then you would see how much is caught by the BETA process.

Mastercam would be bulletproof you everyone here could just agree on one Machine tool, one computer, one operating system, and one set of settings and agree to never upgrade or update any of these things.

But that will never happen and who would want it too. Things are getting better and better and the process should never end.