Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X-3

ATG

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

I hate to dissappoint you folks (since you like to beatup on art so much) but there was only one CNC employee that was devoted to Art and he came from the educational office.

Mark

How many pepole are working on all the past issues with lathe that have been around for years now?

Why do me have to pay for matianece for lathe, is it all the new options in lathe, is it all the new tool library options, is all the fixes in canned cycles, maybe it all the new tool paths in lathe, the work arounds these issues are free here on the forum.

I wish MC would fix the problems they have all ready. You add more features, and you add more problems. Then again, MC has to compete with the competion to stay with them.

Lets see when x3 comes out if it's any better than X2?

All I want is a stable software. The software will do just about anything you need to the job.

Not to be taken the wrong way Mark, but why should it matter if CNC has a machine or not? Is it not easier for a software manufacturing devision such as yourself to get a machine simulator (persay and Integrex) and have it on the desktop? The backplot, no matter how horrible it is on a mazak, will show you the problems with the lathe canned cycles, or the crashes MC produces.

Not to be super blunt but it sounds like silly to wait for a machine to come to 'fix' a problem that existed for 4 or 5 generations of MC. There has been enough feed back and enough complaints from people to know where the serious issues are without the need for a machine. That is also part the point of Beta testers...... We have the machines!

... I digress slightly, but the feelings that I express I know are that of some other people on here. It really sucks to have a bad product, get promises for the future that are not full filled and still be paying expensive (perspectively) maint. costs.

My employer did not want to renew maint ealier this year cause it 'costs alot' (in his words). I gave him the fore-tell of what X3 was suppose to hold and he thought it sounded worth the money. Now that none of that is going to happen...well, all I can say is that I am glad he doesnt use MC or I would get a a$$ chewing for lying to him. Will we be getting the maint next year on all our keys? At this point I am not so sure. frown.gif

*end rant*

Randy,

I think several users have that issue. How can we justify paying for maint. when we dont get issues resolved. Now, if you ask your reseller they will tell you that when you dont pay for maint. and 2-3 years later you decide too you have to go back and basically pay for them all.

We get promises then get dissapointed time after time after time.

When maintenacne first came out

my dealer put out a notice stating the

goals.

They were.. one major "point" release

(ie X to x2) per year and

2 to 3 maintenance releases.

In practice, the point releases have

been every 14-16 months and 2 MR's per year.

I just got through with another meeting about the cost of the 3 new multi-turret, multi-spindle machines we are buying. My boss is not happy with me at all. He wants to know why I have been insisting on the recently purchased seats of MCX and maintenance we have paid to only now have to buy different software for programming these machines. I have pretty much lost my credibility with this boss. He thinks I just want to always buy new software and spend money wastefully. mad.gif

I don't blame CNC for trying to make money off the paying customers.

They are loosing so much already to Pirates..

If you go to Thiland, you can buy a fully cracked, stable copy of all the X2 modules for a little over 4 bucks...its pretty sad frown.gif Hurts all the legal users..

We not only have to compete with those bozo's with outsourcing, they get the software for practicly free also...

It is still the best software to use in this business though with all the bugs and stuff...

quote:

It is still the best software to use in this business though with all the bugs and stuff...

Except if you need to program advanced millturn machines or Swiss style machines, or maybe you would like some machine simulation.

I will admit Mastercam is great at 3-5 axis milling, but I once bought in to the Mastercam is the greatest software ever attitude from the forum and in turn said we just need to add more seats of Mastercam. Now we can't properly program the machines we have and are getting. I signed my name on 2 different mastercam purchase justifications($-----) and now I have to ask for more money for new software.

I just want to voice my opinion so that hopefully someone else will not listen to the "greatest software ever comments" and buy the wrong software for what their needs are.

quote:

If you go to Thiland, you can buy a fully cracked, stable copy of all the X2 modules for a little over 4 bucks

I got several thousand in mine and I dont know that I would say its STABLE! If you just use Mill its fine. If you just use Wire its fine. You try to put both in the same file and you now have one HUGE headache. It becomes very unstable very fast.

Murlin,

Anybody with an internet connection can download ANY I mean ANY software, cam, cad, video, Photo shops, music Games, whatever......, with fully working cracks, without paying, right now if ya want. This isn't new info.

You do know this...right...? wink.gif

Absolutely, 'Every software' has the Pirate issues,

even Jonbanxxxxcam. biggrin.gif

That has nothing to do with the development progress or customer profits. If Mastercam is the leading "Selling" cam package then its the other companies that would be affected the most.

All softwares do take a longer projected time to get major releases out, its just frustrating to the paying customers, is all.

My less then 2c's here biggrin.gif

Looks like CNC is trying to play catch-up with Delcam with their machine shop.

http://www.delcam.com/news/press_article.asp?releaseId=465

That's a hell of a machine.

http://www.delcam.com/general/about/tooling.asp

Have a look at the Capacity List on the PDF at the bottom of the page, some nice machines there.

So, if CNC get a Puma will be they be "encouraged" to use Delcam software?

;-)

http://www.delcam.com/news/press_article.asp?releaseId=540

Or a Mori?

http://www.delcam.com/news/press_article.asp?releaseId=498

Looks like Delcam are really leading the multi-tasking mill-turn market at the moment with FeatureCAM and PartMaker.

What are the plans for CNC to catch up with these guys?