Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I'd Like Mastercam To Allow Me To:

NeilJ

neil jay i may very well be interested in cam at $650 that is light years ahead of mcam. dont have my own seat yet so am serious.

fill me in and i will put it thru the real world test? have a machine at home to program and would be good to not have to g code it.

like the input you have shared.

doug

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug, it's CAD technology that is light years ahead not CAM. The company offering this technology might not make it but others with similar technology will. They have no built in CAM. I believe Mastercam X3 can open it's files directly. I haven't tested this yet.

They have some very good video that makes it clear how good it is. You want links?

Colin:

"Please post a list of your top two or three video requests, and I'll see if I can whip some up and post them on the FTP."

Lead-in, Lead-out is the first subject I'd like to see a comprehensive video done on. I'd like to see many examples and many different ways to use Lead-in, Lead-out. The reason I want this is based on a statement Ron Branch made earlier in this thread which stated:

"Did you ever get around to messing with that lead in and out function? I would say probably one of Mastercam's biggest and best feature for simple work that many people over look and do not realize is inside of the pocket toolpaths. I use it all the time to ramp to the floor of pockets where I do not want my tool to rub the bottom floor expect for finishing. I also use this ramp to ramp into and out of cuts especially when going into a closed shapes. Very Very powerful, and if you have only messed around with it I would recommend you spend about 2 week really learning it for it does so very good things."

Note that what is being taught here is a good part machining technique and not specific to Mastercam. I feel the best video for me ends up using Mastercam to teach machining techniques.

quote:

being videos are being discussed..

care to share a video of what you are doing for your "unbirthday"?

Ya know I think a video could help me better understand your day Hardmill. Please submit it. If you dont I will bug you and bug you and bug you and bug you and bug you and bug you and bug you and bug you and bug you and bug you and bug you and bug you and bug you...........

until you do. biggrin.gif

HAppy Un_Birthday ,Hardmill!

Ban the Mondays

Everybody looks at you you stupid *******

Boss is mad and all is *******

And instead of being ******* good

Turns that ****** Monday ***** your mood

Thats because it`s ******* bad day

Left leg brocken and you lost your ******** tail

**** with you you ************

*** is said and time to **** away !

Yesterday was ******** shiny weather