Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X4 MU2

Hi Everyone,

Mastercam X4 MU2 has been released to all customers. It is available for download on Mastercam.com.

Mastercam X4 MU2 is a cumulative installation that contains all of the bug fixes in X4 MU1 and more. All of the translators have also been updated to the 2010 versions. This must be installed on top of Mastercam X4 or X4 MU1. If X4 MU1 is already installed on a system, the "Mastercam X4 MU1" entry in Add / Remove Programs (Programs and Features in Windows™ Vista and 7) will be replaced with the MU2 entry. If MU2 is uninstalled, your Mastercam version will be rolled back to X4.

You must have maintenance through 09-30-09 to run X4 MU2. The Mastercam.exe version number is 13.2.0.10.

Remember, all X4 or X4 MU1 third-party add-ons or CHooks need to be rebuilt with the Mastercam X4 MU2 SDK. Please contact your vendor for updated versions of these applications.

To install:

1. Click on the mastercamx4-mu2-pc2.exe link and save it to your computer.

2. After the download is complete, double click on the *.exe to begin the installation.

3. Follow the installation instructions.

If you have any problems or suggestions, do not hesitate to contact [email protected].

Thank you.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

can anyone post a link to the pdf list of bug fixes.

Mayday, mayday, mayday... how long you been around here? You should know by now those lists only accompany BETA releases and are not posted anywhere. smile.gif

I cannot understand why a bug fix list is not provided to users. It very reasonable for people to have desire to see if the issues they are having have been fixed. Many other companies provide this. Saying the competition uses this against the software company is bad justification.

Today, I found 2 bugs in MU1 and without a list I dont know if these have been reported or fixed in MU2

Your question about "why" a bug list is not provided aside, what would you gain from not switching to MU2. I'm just trying to understand your reasoning here. Not that a fixed bug list wouldn't be useful, but are you saying that you can't upgrade your Mastercam system without knowing if certain bugs are fixed???

That just doesn't make any sense. MU2 has fixed a lot of issues from MU1 and the initial release of X4. There are some features like "lock feedrates" and "dis-able (enable) trim preview" that are Must Haves for me.

So beyond the convenience of being able read a "fixed bug list", what would you gain?

I would venture to say that X4 MU2 is just as stable for me as X2 MR2 SP1. That is saying a lot.

For all the fence sitters, the time to move to the X4 platform is now. MU2 is as good as X4 will get.

The next release will be X5...

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...they may not want to take the risk of a feature that works great now being broken.

On that note, I may not want to get on that airplane tomorrow morning because something that worked fine today may not be fine tomorrow morning. rolleyes.gif

Keep moving forward.

Why do people hate the tree? I like the format because it lets me calculate feedrates without going to the feed speed calculator. I too wish there was a bug fix list. I never wait to install a new release. I'm always hoping it will fix all the broken things. I know it won't and we just have to kinda give up on thinking the software will ever be bug free. I know that not every scenario can be tested to have these errors come to light. I have just learned to live with all the new problems with each release and try to rethink new workarounds. I'm getting better at trying to save as much as I can, before and after each toolpath creation. I installed mu2 tongiht before I left work, so I'll be checking it out tomorrow. There are alot of problems with the software, and there always will be, but I'm the one who convinced our shop that this software would be the best route. I just have to try to hide the bugs from everyone so they don't say "Why did we buy this?"

quote:

I need to wiegh the price of losing moldplus for the time being if I upgrade. Always a factor of 3rd party addon's. Is the MU2 release worth it is all I'm asking

+1000

I have 3rd party software running as well and must also weigh whether or not to install the next upgrade of MC.

It is not always the cost of Maintenance that is a factor, but when certain changes are made to the way Mastercam works, it costs me extra to get the 3rd party software working with the update.