Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X4 MU2

Its a major PITA not to have a fixed bug list. I loaded MR2 and now I get to play with my personal list of known bugs (since there is no official list) to find out if they are fixed or not?

Mastercam's competition sure does not have a problem admitting there are bugs...listing them and posting the date they were fixed.

http://www.hsmworks.com/history.php

Also...as I have stated MANY times before, bug fixes and maintenance releases should be 2 separate things. To fix bugs in a MR is like paying CNC Software to fix their own f**kup. Sure wish I got paid that way....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't "hate the tree" but I have issues with it.

First of all, I do not think that the process is linear enough. for example Planes should be near the top of the list, because if you don't have the planes set correctly, then everything else is wrong. I find myself going up and down the list.

quote:

How about instead of Emailing Maintenance customers

that MU1 is ready 2 months after it is released,

Email, "us maintenance paying customers"

The bug fix list.

did i miss something......

http://mastercamx.blogspot.com/

-----------------------------

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mastercam X4 MU1 is Released

Mastercam X4 Maintenance Update 1 (MU1) includes the latest enhancements and updates and is available to all current Mastercam Maintenance customers.

----------------------------

quote:

Remember, all X4 or X4 MU1 third-party add-ons or CHooks need to be rebuilt with the Mastercam X4 MU2 SDK.

That being said,

Does anyone have tested the Verisurf add-ons, the AI solutions Chooks to see if they work properly.

Also do any of the Vericut users has theste the interface between Mcam and Vericut 7.?

Thanks in advance,

quote:

Remember, all X4 or X4 MU1 third-party add-ons or CHooks need to be rebuilt with the Mastercam X4 MU2 SDK.

Allow me to clarify this statement...

This is an unusual situation, as we try not to have such incompatibility issues within a major release cycle, but this time it was unavoidable.

Most ("most" = virtually all) CHooks built for X4, will not work properly on the X4-MU#s.

CHooks built for use with X4-MU#s will not work properly with the original X4.

Now that we have X4-MU2, the quote above could make it sound as if all CHooks, even those build for X4-MU1 must be rebuilt for X4-MU2.

* This is not necessarily true. *

The majority of MU1 CHooks should work with MU2.

As always...

You should contact your 3rd party vendor to verify compatibility.

Ive only been using the new MU2 for a few hours and am already having serious problems with the Operations Manager.

I tried to create a Tool Path group under the machine group (this file already has several tool path groups with sub groups, and two machine groups) and it would not let me create the new tool path group under the machine group. I had to create it as a sub of one of the existing tool path groups. I then tried to move it under the machine group and it crashed!

Edit:

Holy crap, it gets even worse. I reopened the file after it had crashed. I never had a chance to save this file due to the crash. All of the machine definitions are gone and all that is left are the tool path operations. I got about 50 errors when I opened the file. I only prey that I have a good backup.

I was hoping for some stability in the operations manager but still seems to act up. frown.gif

Dave,

I've got a couple recommendations for you. First, try replacing your Machine Definitions and run Ram-Saver before you start adding new toolpaths to an existing file.

Where are you clicking when you add your toolpath group? I've found that you need to Right-Click on the Machine Group to add a new group to the group list. If you Right-Click on one of the existing toolpath groups, it will always create a sub-group. Is this what you are seeing? It could very well be broken, I'm just checking...

quote:

I've got a couple recommendations for you. First, try replacing your Machine Definitions and run Ram-Saver before you start adding new toolpaths to an existing file.

Im going to start doing that as a standard procedure from now on. Ive done that in the past because of some instability issues that I was having. I guess that I will just have to start doing it again. I just lost three hours of work on this part file.

quote:

Where are you clicking when you add your toolpath group? I've found that you need to Right-Click on the Machine Group to add a new group to the group list. If you Right-Click on one of the existing toolpath groups, it will always create a sub-group. Is this what you are seeing? It could very well be broken, I'm just checking...

I always right click on the Machine Group unless I want to create a tool path group as a sub group. About 99% of my part files have several group and sub groups for operations. I use this feature religiously for organization purposes. Some of my files can have literally 30 or so groups and I have even had some files that get up to 100 machine, tool path, sub groups etc.

In this particular file, I right clicked on the machine group and the box for creating a tool path group was grayed out/it would not allow it.

I notice now that some how it changed my machine definition file location to my documents folder. I have no idea why it would do that. Im still trying to fix this file but I am thinking that it would be faster to just open on of the backups and re-create lost geometry.

quote:

I was hoping for some stability in the operations manager but still seems to act up.

Yep...we all are. I crashed my first toolpath in verify using a X3 facemill I faked at 89.0 degs because Mastercam still after 20 years cannot define a 90 degree high shear facemill with a .02R. I have found a way to fool every version so far...and will find a way to fool X4. Point being...dont hold your breath. The operation manager is a time bomb waiting to explode IMO.

Its slow to re open parameters or select, toolpath parameters are in 2 different formats (still), and doesn't react to operations being selected often times.

This is why people are afraid to "upgrade".

Also...why do the new toolpath parameters open to a non sizeable page, that has a pull down bar that hides info?? Why not make it a bit larger or sizeable / get rid of the pull down / and make all params in plain view. This extra motion added up x 1000's of users 1000's of times per year is NOT EFFICIENT!