Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What do you like.....

j.nguyen

I usually come to this forum after a good crash and vent. I am going to change my negitive post into something good.....

- Mastercam is easy to use and very intuitive

- The surfacing is very simple to use and has lots of functionality.

- There is great support

- When I worked as a direct employee and Mastercam crashed I got overtime smile.gif

Jamey

X4

Ok, cadman this is my " Whine " I opened a file thursday and had worked on it for a week. Worked 30 hours stright through the night and then worked 6 more hours at another company. yes 36 hrs straight. No I hardly every take lunch... The file when I saved it was fine. When opening it " No matching op file". So, With little " Whine " I redo my work and save " 6 " Backups through the night. Today when opening the file 3 of my back ups have the same problem. I work mastercam on three different computers all the computers open the file the same way. Now, here I am on a sunday about to run my part though Vericut and call it a day. Well, I get the No Matching Opfile again. All the solids where generated and I used the nohist.dll before programming.

YES! This is a can do guy i just don't like to REDO! I may sound like a debbie downer, but very seldom do throw something negitive out there unless very fustrated. Just trying to get the job done.........Beer time

Is there an application guy from Mastercam that I can send my file to without disclosing my part to the rest of the forum?

Thanks for the ear and hope everyone else has a wonderful week.

Jamey

-Really like Dynamic Milling. My favorite mastercam path to date and it gets used more and more. Good work on that! I hope to see a 3d version in the future.

-Post customization. That has to be one of the most valuable parts of Mastercam. If the owner ever decides to switch systems now that we have Esprit coming, I will sadly miss this. Its both fun to learn and great to work with.

-Local Support. I dont want to spend too much time tipping my hat to anyone in particular, but my local VAR has been nothing short of "awesome" to work with. A quick cheers to Colin for spending some one on one time with me as well.

-This Forum. Of any other system that I have used I have never seen such a wealth of knowledge in such a small area. Its nice to see people willing to help. Not only with Mastercam, but many other things as well. I think Ive learned more from reading old old posts "seems allot of them were CNC Apps Guy's posts" than I had from the Official Cimatron forum the whole time I used that system.

When opening my file the message "missing opfile" went away after holding the return button. The file that I assumed was completely blown away only had a few operations that were dirty out of couple hundred. My apologies for making a big stink. However, there must be a reason for this issue on my end of the software end. This is very frustrating when your whole file gets wiped away along with the backups. If anyone has any advice for me to try to prevent this in the future, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,

Jamey

X4

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I like the flexibility of MC. Seldom am I tied to 1 way of doing something. That is EXTREMELY helpful for me as sometimes I need to get very creative with how I cut something for one reason or another.

I appreciate Rob Pierelo(sp?) in QC. He often replies to my e-mails to QC and NEVER makes me feel like an idiot even when I send in something dumb which DOES happen on occasion. biggrin.gif

I like the fact that Mastercam has earned me a great deal of money over the last 16 or 17 years.

JM2C