Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCAM X6 released?

Chazsani

Colin it happens every single time if you have more than one op with the same tool.

There is no way you cant produce this, every version since I started on X2, it has done this.

Mind you no body has brought it up in a while, but it hasn't been fixed. I wouldn't be

surprised if it already has a bug #

The job I am working on right now is 492 meg. It always does it, no matter what size or

if its 2d or 3d.

When I have a small file and the time I will send one to you, for sure.

Busier as a cack in a hen house these days.

Cheers

Rick

Hey Rick, I think you might be happy.

Are you a beta tester, and this may have finally been fixed?

Like Murlin said, 1st release will have bugs for the pirates and MU1 takes months to show up because

of that.

Our protocol here is to only install new releases when the MU1 is out,save us time and money.

Its sucks but, what can I do?

Rickster, here is a workaround. In ops manager right click and

click on select, tool, pick the number, green check, right click again,

edit common parameters, renumber tools, enter new tool number in

starting tool number, green check. HTH.

I didn't know that was a workaround, I thought that was one option to perform that function. they are actually two fuctions. "Select by tool" being one and "edit common prameters" being the other. I do that all the time.

Since the bug list thread is never gonna happen, maybe we can have a workaround thread

for the bugs we know about amongst us.

Based on this quote:

Like Murlin said, 1st release will have bugs for the pirates

Then the pirates will know how to fix their software. :huh:

Dan, that worked great, accept it preselected every tool with that tool# in

every machine groups/toolgroup and they are not the same tools.

I have 1 mach group and 1 tool group in each machine group for each component in my molds.

(strike 2) ;)

Is there a work around for that?

Make the group you want to change the active group. When you "Select by tool number" it will notify you that some of the tools with that number are in a different group and will only change the ones in your active group.

How do you make a group active?

(i moved the arrow to the bottom and had the ops with that tool in the group selected)

is that what you meant

sorry man 18 hr shift an then 14 hr shift....left my humor at the cottage... ;)

Yes, the one with the Satan arrow in it. :D

I usually deselect all ops by selecting a single one but I don't know if that makes any difference because when you select by any parameter it automatically deselects the other ops. I'll have to test it tommorow when I get to work to see if I'm giving you the right step by step instructions. That'll be 9 o'clock your time.

I can see my links has made some frustation, some body claim I am a hacker, well, I will probably be the worlds worst hacker since I logged in with my facebook account, knowing somebody from mastercam is in here. I got the links by mail, and have followed this thread the last 2 weeks, and since the download is from mastercams domain I did not see any harm in sending the links in here. Sorry if I have done something wrong, I didn't ment to harm, just to joy.

Well you have to admit it is kind of suspicious when someones first post is links to download the new version of mastercam that quote: (isn't officially released yet), there are going to be some things in question.

If you checked Omoe's links you would see it was a CNC download and not some pirate site.

http://updates.mastercam.com/X6/release/mastercamX6-x86-web.exe ( link provided by Omoe )

http://updates.mastercam.com/X5/release/mastercamX5-web.exe ( link from mastercam.com -> Support -> Downloads )

Yes, the one with the Satan arrow in it. :D

I usually deselect all ops by selecting a single one but I don't know if that makes any difference because when you select by any parameter it automatically deselects the other ops. I'll have to test it tommorow when I get to work to see if I'm giving you the right step by step instructions. That'll be 9 o'clock your time.

Okay Rick I tested it. What you have to do is select ALL the operations in the toolpath group you want to change, then right mouseclick, select. When the Selection Options window comes up look on the bottom left corner and there is a radio button to "Apply to" Selected operations or All operations. It defaults to ALL so you have to change it to Selected ops and then go to the top, click the Tool# option and then the tool number you want to change. This will select the tools with that number in the Toolpath Group you are working in.

HTH

Rickster, select the machine group that you want to change the tool number in, then right mouse click, select, tool number, and then in the lower left corner there is a apply to box, click on selected operations. Now only the tool number in the selected machine group should be selected. now you can go ahead and runumber this tool. HTH.