Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

From CNC - Why X6 downloads have been suspended

Sorry for being late to the game here all, but I have been out of town on vacation and just getting caught back up on these issues. We ran into a couple of issues that we didn't like in the X6 release and wanted to take a quick look at them so we disabled the downloads.

The issues we are looking at are:

• 0 value for vertical arc entry in Optirough Toolpaths is causing the tool to hit the part. 0 was valid and working in X5 MU1. Entering a small vertical arc value makes the tool clipping the part go away.
  • Problem using the parameter save function inside a toolpath corrupting your default file - Seems to be only when using the updated defaults function inside the toolpath parameter page of a 3d HST toolpath. If you are using X6 just back up your default files in case you updated them by mistake in X6 and they get corrupt. Even if they get corrupt, you can still continue creating the toolpaths you will just see a error dialog every time the defaults are accessed - just click through it.
  • When selecting geometry that has points from some toolpaths (facing, circle mill, etc) using Pickoff / pull/cutoff feature in X6, the points are being lost in the original operations and the ops dirty dirty. You have to add the point geometry back in or do not select the points during geometry selection.
  • X6 file association is broken - causes X6 files to not be associated to the X6 functions - ie - double clicking on a MCX-6 opens X6 but with a blank file and not the part you double clicked on. You can manual edit the registry to fix this one.

We are looking into what is required to fix these and determining if a patch is sufficient or if we need to re-release the X6 installs. I will post again as more information becomes available. Sorry for the inconvenience at this time. If you have X6 downloaded and running, keep on going - these issues are isolated to specific areas.

Jim

• Like 1

Jim will the post mods be added to the MPmasterL post ?? or do we have to edit the post or is cnc software going to release a updated MPL post for this option to work in x6 ?

Thanks.

PS did you catch any fish on vacation ???

:D

While I am not going to speak for Jim, I doubt he's a round at this point.

any of the MPMaster/MPLMaster posts are done and maintained by in House Solutions. It would be up to them to handle any post mods

Thanks JP. We normally don't do any modifications to the InHouse Posts but I'm sure InHouse will have some updates available if they are not already. You can get the updated MP documentation portfolio from your reseller and it explains what is needed to support this new feature. It's not much at all but the POCO feature presents data to the NCI a little differently and MP and the post need to know that this data is in the NCI.

Sorry for the sarcasm, Jim.

Jim, I am not sure if it has been reported or not, it has been brought up in so many other

threads, from others as well, I may have only assumed it has. I know in the past I brought it up

to tech support at in-house.

Basically, nine time out of ten, when reselecting new data (EC's and what not) the Waterline rest paths

wont regenerate. Invalid machining zone is the error (when an error does show up)

save/close/restart/ usually(9 times out of 10) fixes this but sometimes you have to create a facsimile of the path

to make it work.

But many times you wait 10-15 minutes for the path to regen and it finishes(not dirty)

but has a 0.3k size. then you have to make it dirty for the restart procedure to work.

Occasionally pencil (non rest) does this also, since X2.

after importing those path also but random pend how long you have had your mc file open...i believe.

I am thinking that it is file size and complexity related.

But I have had 30 to 100 meg files that do it also.

Is there a way for someone to search the bug number list?

I can't be the only one experiencing this.

Hockey Guy, do you mean the link doesn't work at all or the file that gets downloaded doesn't work. I received an email from a user mentioning that Acrobat can't open the file and this was sent to our web guy for review. My web guy says try it again. They republished the file and it works find here.

Rockster, I am searching the database now to see what I can find. Thanks for the info and I'll see if I can chase something down for you.

Thanks Rickster. I've searched the database and can't find anything that fits your description. I also had the developer take a look and see if he found anything and he came up blank as well.

I'm going to drop you a PM and you can email me back direct. This way I can make sure this is logged, it can be duplicated and get it on someone's radar.