Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old bugs back again. Thanks alot CNC!

peon

I have had it with this one.

I put up with it in X5 and it is also in X6 too...

I copy a tool from one group to another in the ops man by right click drag and drop(copy before)

Every time I go to change the tool number(From 1 to 13) in this case, , the Holder(was 1.00) and the Holder Dia.(was at 2.0)

Both MAGICALLY change to '0.0'. you can't change the tool number until you put them back to '1.0' and '2.0'

PITA to say the least. BTW I send in every one of the bugs I post here.

holeandholderdia.png

Any one get this in both X5 and X6?

Rick

Unreal Rick! I have to make changes to tool numbers now and then. Usually have to do it when I have to switch programs to a different machine. But I feel for ya man. It shouldn't be this difficult!

Thats the thing.. Changing tool numbers shouldnt be difficult at all. It bums me out when it takes me an hour to move a job from one machine to another because I am chasing tool numbers/height/diameter numbers in 100 operations. :(

I just wanted to add.. I had my first crash in five years while using solidworks yesterday. ;)

LAST but not LEAST, for the day....

I change the tool number on two tools and the two I changed them on gor dirty but the 2 in the

other toolpath grop, (in the same machine group) do not go dirty.... best bug so far

as I only have to regen two (drilling)paths :rooleyes:....lol

numbers-1.png

Rick

I hope you have the toolist at the top of your posted program so you can double check. I have found errors that way now and then regarding the tools.

I copy a tool from one group to another in the ops man by right click drag and drop(copy before)

Every time I go to change the tool number(From 1 to 13) in this case, , the Holder(was 1.00) and the Holder Dia.(was at 2.0)

Both MAGICALLY change to '0.0'. you can't change the tool number until you put them back to '1.0' and '2.0'

holeandholderdia.png

Rick

I got this one in X5.

• Like 1

Never mind last comment i just found another X6 numbering/ feed and speed bug.

note the feed and speed before I change the tool number!!!!!

feedandspeed.png

note the feed and speed after I change the tool number!!!

It happens with the feed rate locked or unlocked!!!! every time on rigid tapping!!!!

defaultedspeedandfeed.png

well i will send this one in too today, shoudl hear back in a few days

i imagine they are swamped with bug emails.

Rick

Something like what happened to Rickster happened to me the other day in X5. I had to renumber all the tools for a program, so i just did it all thru tool manager, then posted out the program and sent it to the machine. 10 minutes later the operator comes in and asks me if I had intentionally made the 2" facemill run at 10 ipm and the 1/8 endmill feed at 50 ipm. What the.. ????

I go in and check all the toolpaths, and all the feedrates were all screwed up in 1/2 the toolpaths.

That was very much NOT amusing.

holeandholderdia.png

Rick

Yes I get that all the time in both X5 and X6. Drives me insane!

And another good one :thumbdown::thumbdown:

note I have 2 tapermills. I edit the T20 to T21 and say create new tool but in the operation the new T21 dosnt show up

Yeah, I get that one all the time. I usually have to physically go into the paramters, reselect my tool, then recalculate the whole thing. Royal pain in the behind it is.

I wonder if they have a expiration.The bugs i've turned in for x4,x5 are still in X6.

Do i need to resend in the cnc numbers,files etc..

My understanding at least is severity and frequency are supposedly the biggest defining parameters.

Thus, when people ask on the forum if something is a bug it never gets submitted by that asking person and any other that may find it.

I "think" this could actually lead to the reported frequency of bugs to CNC being lower on some bugs than perhaps it should.

Just thinking out loud

If it's broke, it should be fixed. I understand the time, some bugs getting it sooner than others but some longtime ones deserve some love at some point too. It seems some just linger too long

here is one that ive run in to a couple of times now and wasnt sure that it was a bug until today.

2d high speed dynamic contour mill

You could use open contours in X5 but for some reason it does not seem to work in X6.

Ive tried to create a new operation in x6 from scratch and it was a no-go. So now i opened a file that I knew that I had used it in X5. I can see the tool path on the screen. I try to regen the operation and it bombs.

I didnt change anything. I just opened an X5 file in X6, selected the operation, and tried to regen. I went back and opened the file in X5 and it regen'd just fine.

:(

Something that worked in X5 now broken in X6.