Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Daul Monitors

Jayson Kramer

Dual monitors  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Do or don't you use them

• I use daul Monitors
    • I am only stuck with one monitor
  2. 2. Do you find easer to work with duals

• It rocks and could not go without
    • I have them but don't really use them
  3. 3. Bonus Question/ Do you have a Space ball you use with MC

• Yes
    • No
    • yes but don't use it
    • No but I wish my dealer would let me try one.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I use dual even with my laptop. I have 3 SpaceDevices. 2 Navigators (one I carry with me at all times, one here at home) and 1 SpacePilot on my desk at the office. Working without one is liek working with one hand tied behind my back.

Dual monitors... need more real estate. Wish I could go with 3.

Three monitors would be cool with my setup I can support 4 but I have just enough room for my two, with 4 of these 27" I would need to stack them for sure.here is a picture of my 60" long desk and they take up most of the width but they are less the and 1" thick so depth is not an issue.

OH and my wife thinks I crazy all ready. but finally got her setup with daul 22" actually every one in the house has that setup.

I use dual monitors and a Space Pilot Pro.

I am so dependent on dual monitors that when one popped on a Saturday morning last

year, I went to Office Depot and bought a new monitor.. and gave the boss the bill on Monday.

I tried to work with one monitor, but just couldn't do it.

I love my dual monitors! I usually have Mastercam open on the left and Cimco open with the post on the right. I do alot of developing so I love not having to click back and forth. Also, I post into Mastercam editor so my Cimco stays open all the time and I can switch back and forth easier.

post-26623-0-80056100-1338420561_thumb.jpg

I have a 4 monitor setup: 2 above and 2 below. I am running Actual Multiple Monitors software so I have taskbars on all monitors. At first I found I didn't use the upper monitors much, but over time I keep docking more and more stuff on to them.

When I am on the road, I have an AOC USB only monitor that handles the operation manager, level manager, backplot dialog screens. It can't handle any intensive graphics but does just fine for extending my desktop. It was only $100.00 from Amazon and is light weight and gets it's power from the USB cable.

I use 2 but with V9 I usually had 2 sessions up so I could draw mating details referencing the other without wasting trees printing. Now in X6 I can't do that, it gives me a warning. Now I just have my e-mail and the forum up on one, along with youtube vids occasionally and use the right one for MC.

I really really wish MC would support dual sessions on one physical computer again, it was the reason I got 2 monitors in the first place.

I don't think I've ever seen a "space ball" though I do remember a movie with a similar name.

Is Daul some new technology I haven't heard of?

Stuck with 1 and a stock dell mouse....crybaby.gif

That's an ancient language only spoken in california :)

How do you keep your desks so clean? I was going to post mine but won't out of embarrassment.

Running second monitor with laptop, space pilot, Logitech V450 programmable mouse,

have a travel 3D mouse with a SSteel base that doubles as a non-lethal compliance tool

The best tool is the one you miss when it's not there.

I use 2 but with V9 I usually had 2 sessions up so I could draw mating details referencing the other without wasting trees printing. Now in X6 I can't do that, it gives me a warning. Now I just have my e-mail and the forum up on one, along with youtube vids occasionally and use the right one for MC.

I really really wish MC would support dual sessions on one physical computer again, it was the reason I got 2 monitors in the first place.

I don't think I've ever seen a "space ball" though I do remember a movie with a similar name.

Jamman, it does it just gives you a warning that you may loos something or corrupt one of your files. but this has always been the case. you will find allot of people here including me run more then one session.

I'm stuck with a single 30" monitor, there's been quite a few days when I could use a second one, or even a 24" or something. Our print guy has 3 or 4 monitors over there at the moment, along with a second machine at the other end of his table to run another printer.

I've got a SpaceExplorer that I absolutely love, especially for programming chains with MCam.

Jamman, it does it just gives you a warning that you may loos something or corrupt one of your files. but this has always been the case. you will find allot of people here including me run more then one session.

Jay if you say it will be OK I will do it. I saw instability with some vid cards at full hardware acceleration on XP with 9. Our X6 is on win7, I'll do some experimentation today.

Hey how does that play with net hasp? we only have 2 seats, can the host computer still open multiple sessions like with the single dongle? Example... since we have 2 seats if I open 2 sessions can anyone else get on? Curiosity, I'll experiment later today after I put out a few fires.

Hey how does that play with net hasp? we only have 2 seats, can the host computer still open multiple sessions like with the single dongle?

you can open as many sessions as your computer will handle.

It will use one nethasp license