Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T What are we making this week?

kccadcam

Endless supply of motorcycle Billet carburetors for PSI Performance on our 5 axis Matsuuura.

A Billet Fish!

Each halve starts out at 107 pounds and finishes at 4.5 pounds! eek.gif

For the Utah State University propulsion engineers.

Trying to learn how to make submarines swim like a fish.

biggrin.gif

Cartoons for Mold makers, Some simple big aluminum plates,some round gearbox looking thing.

quote:

jammer

Aluminum Die cast mold for a connecting rod. Plastic mold for a panty hanger.

Are they both Die cast, or will you be useing wood for the Panty Hanger ?

My personal art project for this quater---is a PVC BMX frame and fork, it will be all race ready equipment with the most near perfect pcv sprinkler looking paint job I can make . Earlier this year I made a Bamboo BMX frame and fork, It has been alot of fun whaching the reactions to this very beleavable art work, and two weeks ago I used it to come in fifth at the ABA Worlds in Reno Nevada.

Scott Bond AKA World #5

[ 08-12-2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

scott, the connecting rod mold will produce an aluminum die cast part, and the hanger mold will produce a plastic part. (We build Aluminum die cast molds, and plastic injection molds.)

BTW, post a pic of the pvc bike frame if ya can. I'd be interested in seeing that.

[ 08-12-2003, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: jammer ]

Some tooling kits for a machine that does some kind of materials characterization. All stainless parts Turning Milling Wire EDM. We supply the whole kit so the biggest pain in the arse has been getting the foam lined plastic boxes just right.

Starting a 316 stainless steel micronizer which has some nifty undercut surface machining. Thankfully V9.1 should make this programming task much smoother. Customer is really trying to micromanage this one. He has called 3 times and I haven’t even received the material yet !

quote:

Customer is really trying to micromanage this one. He has called 3 times and I haven’t even received the material yet !

Don't you just love it when they do that. smile.gif

I once picked up a job that was going to take me 2 months to do. The customer calls me up the very next day to see how it was going.....hah cheers.gif

Murlin teh patience grasshopper

Well getting our department ready for the big move getting Machine and everything ready to move to the new plant. Then the company we originally hired to do the job showed up today one month after they had come out to get all the information and were like what you mean that machine weigh's 10,000lbs well we really cant move that machine and your SAL's might be a problem insuring we dont hurt the laser's in them. Oh that is only about 1,200,000 worth on machines. this while I am out today meeting customers trying to get new work. I get back at 4:00 pm today and well guess what we need you to line up soemone to move the machines. Got it taken care by a great outfit thank god I had moved something when them about 2 months ago.

I also am getting it done for about $4,000 cheaper than the other guys.

Well looks like we are for in some fun.

Hummmmm there some more of them grey hairs.

Crazy Millman

quote:

Then the company we originally hired to do the job showed up today one month after they had come out to get all the information and were like what you mean that machine weigh's 10,000lbs well we really cant move that machine and your SAL's might be a problem insuring we dont hurt the laser's in them.

LOL, Better you than me!!

'Rekd teh Pthththth