Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X8 now released

Jayson Kramer

Excellent.

So what's the answer to Hockey and my question???

:D

Newbee, have you registered on the new Mcam website?

You need to be registered to download the software, I'm guessing you are.

When you log into Mcam.com go to the forum, it's the first selection under the communities drop down.

In the industrial forum there is a topic called "Mastercam and Mastercam for SolidWorks X8 officially released and available for download."

In that thread there is information about downloading the McamX8 install.

As far as cleaning out the beta, after you uninstall from the control panel, you should delete the "my McamX8" & "shared McamX8" folders as well as delete the "McamX8" folder that resides in C:program files. 

If you are running pre-beta versions here is what you want to due before installing release version.

1) back up any posts and tool library's you may have made.

2) Using windows uninstall remove X8 Beta.

3) Remove the following folders from My documents: My mcamx8 and shared mcamx8.

4) Remove the following folder from C; drive under Program Files mcamx8.

5) once you have removed and backed up all files and folders, Follow the pictures for registry cleaning.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if you do not know how to get to the Registry for cleaning.

post-1097-0-75240400-1408635812_thumb.jpg

post-1097-0-62355700-1408635813_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Oh, oh

anybody know what this means exactly.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

That error has shown up in many versions. It's been discussed at the forum many times, though I couldn't find an answer the last time I looked. It was quicker to have A Form Filler (see my sig) click OK to it then track it down. I get that error with X6. It's a harmless error though.

Maybe someone else can advise you. I still recommend that you use A Form Filler though. :smoke:

• Like 2

You need to reload your op defaults file. Did you try to move any control or machine defs? If I email you a copy of the default ops this will fix your problem.  

This has happened to me when I've modified the defaults op file, its an easy fix.

I don't get it. You change your defaults file and then the error comes up. You fix it by restoring a "factory" defaults file and the error goes away. Your edits go away too, which defeats the whole purpose.

If you delete your defaults file, MC will create one (factory settings) the next time you start MC.

Sorry, my explanation made sense in my mind lol. I usually make personalized files for most of my mcam settings. I've worked in too many shops where other people use the same seat and use the default settings. I prefer to have it customized. This way I just copy my settings and can apply them to any pc I sit at. I'm not sure if I am doing this the correct way or not? 

So in the past when I have changed my defaults file and deleted a toolpath,  I had to reload the factory defaults file to get it back. So yes, losing all of my edits but I didn't know if I deleted the defaults file, mastercam would create a new one. Hope that makes sense.

I have messed around trying to change the app look and no matter what I change it stays the same. I tried the Nethook and it did nothing either.

Any ideas? Can't stand the look of it.

I just followed James step by step instructions over on the MasterCam Site.

I have messed around trying to change the app look and no matter what I change it stays the same. I tried the Nethook and it did nothing either.

Any ideas? Can't stand the look of it.

I'm guessing you are not editing the same workspace file as you are using in Mastercam