Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X8 now released

Jayson Kramer

If the hardware specs in computer you are running McamX7 on were the bare minimum and you were having issues.

Then you will probably have issues running X8.

How can you expect any software to overcome the restrictions of bare minimum hardware?

If the hardware specs in computer you are running McamX7 on were the bare minimum and you were having issues.

Then you will probably have issues running X8.

How can you expect any software to overcome the restrictions of bare minimum hardware?

The company I work for just purchased all new computers for the shop that don't even meet the minimum requirements. Talk about a waste of money. 

The company I work for just purchased all new computers for the shop that don't even meet the minimum requirements. Talk about a waste of money.

IT folks are usually clueless regarding the computational requirements of CAD/CAM/CAE Departments. What management does not get is when they don't properly equip their CAD/CAM/CAE departments they are just hemmoraging cash and they don't even know it. When nit takes 2x longer to do something management spends 2x more to get the same task done, and you're putting 2x the pressure on the department NEEDLESSLY!!!

C'mon management... Wake up and smell the coffee!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Copy/Paste does not work all the time. If I copy (ctrl+c) for example a geometry entity from one mcx8 file and create a new mastercam file, it pastes just fine (ctrl+v). BUT, if I open an existing mcx-8 file, pasting does nothing! Latest update is installed (update 4).

Works fine in MCX7.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to spin the part on the screen (dynamic rotation) with Alt + the mouse wheel and now it changed to Shift + the mouse wheel. Is there a way to reverse that to what it was or should I learn to live with it the way it is now.

Is X8 still available to download?? All i'm seeing is the updates or the Spanish version... :question:

Yes, down near the bottom of the page

Download the Hotfix 1 and install it.

then download the patches ... or let the update utility do it for you