Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Level Manager

Level Manager  

116 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you use the Level Manager

• Yes, I use the level manager
    • No I don't use the Level Manager
    • What's the Level Manager?

Yes - and I wish it had freeze/lock like autocad, so I could leave certain geometry on the screen on that selected level with no fear of moving it or deleting it.

I love the level manager; it is one of the most used options I use in Mastercam.  I would also like to see the ability to lock geometry to a level as newbeeee stated.  That would be a very welcome addition.

• Like 2

How in the world can you even use Mastercam without it?  I mean, unless you are just using wireframe to do simple single tool paths.   Making a multi operation program with lots of tools would be a huge P.I.T.A. without levels. 

I believe this is what would happen without the level manager---->     :2guns:  :2guns:  :2guns::pc:

• Like 1

How in the world can you even use Mastercam without it?  I mean, unless you are just using wireframe to do simple single tool paths.   Making a multi operation program with lots of tools would be a huge P.I.T.A. without levels. 

Trust me when I tell you I have seen it

Multiple OPs in one file all tossed on 1 level

^^ I Know someone who works just like that ^^  evry time i go by his workstation when hes gramming  or maybe he,s just trying to figure out what all the lines on the screen mean , i just have to shake my head and keep on walking . I informed him 1 time that he could use levels to clean up his screen while hes working, His response  O yea  i use levels...  Me O i see that ??? :pc:

• Like 1

^^ I Know someone who works just like that ^^  evry time i go by his workstation when hes gramming  or maybe he,s just trying to figure out what all the lines on the screen mean , i just have to shake my head and keep on walking . I informed him 1 time that he could use levels to clean up his screen while hes working, His response  O yea  i use levels...  Me O i see that ??? :pc:

It all depends on your definition of "using levels".  :hrhr:

I hired a guy last year, supposedly a top gun multiaxis lathe guy.

On his first day I gave him a proven X7 VTL file and asked him to port it over to our Okuma VTM and add the milling tool paths.

The next day I saw he was struggling and tried to help.

When I told him to open the Level Manager he said "What's that?"

At that point I knew things were not going to end well.

• Like 1

I hired a guy last year, supposedly a top gun multiaxis lathe guy.

On his first day I gave him a proven X7 VTL file and asked him to port it over to our Okuma VTM and add the milling tool paths.

The next day I saw he was struggling and tried to help.

When I told him to open the Level Manager he said "What's that?"

At that point I knew things were not going to end well.

Heck G,   I coulda lied to you and taken that job too.    :laughing:

I used to work with an old master who didn't use them much.

He had one V9 file he did that hogged out 4 Tomahawk wings from billet

on an SNK 5X gantry mill

The file was 600 mg, 1200+ operations.

He did use the level manager... sort of  .. hundreds of levels,  named TOOLPATH, JUNK, MORE JUNK, etc etc.

The amazing part is he didn't label his toolpaths or use toolpath groups.

The file was just 1200 unlabeled toolpaths. I have no idea how he kept track of things.

At one point he went on a bender for a couple of months and I had to step up and make some edits

It took me 2 days just to find the tool path and supporting geometry to make the edit

Personally I couldn't work without it, but I suppose if you wanted to you could also make things all different colors and or use the masking to select what you wanted.. being colorblind that wouldn't be a great option for me, and even if I could do it that way I would still use levels.