Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2017

Rocketmachinist

Does the uninstall/re-install process require updating X9 libraries, posts, machine/control defs, etc each time?

I have on occasion preserved my shared folder and put things back that are already updated/

After I uninstall I renamed the shared folder

You don't too sure of yourself, JP. :D

:)

As the migration utility has gotten better, I have found less of a reason to save the updated files.......I just update them again...it's clean and takes only a few minutes...

All my files are clean so updating them I have no issues at all.....

When I migrate, I ONLY use the Advanced migration and I only migrate my shared folders....never, never, never the "my mcam?????" folder   I update that manually...

I also never move a config between versions only the right mouse button file......

I can be up and running within 20 minutes after the new version has completed installing   :)

After loading 2017 on my old laptop at home i was amazed at the difference in graphics and Processing speed compared with running X9 on the same

laptop. Absolute massive difference. a lot of issues i had at home have now gone. :smoke:

Only thing i seem to have a problem with is turning on or off anything in the Auto cursor bar. Nothing works. Cannot turn off Temporary center points etc.

After loading 2017 on my old laptop at home i was amazed at the difference in graphics and Processing speed compared with running X9 on the same

laptop. Absolute massive difference. a lot of issues i had at home have now gone. :smoke:

Only thing i seem to have a problem with is turning on or off anything in the Auto cursor bar. Nothing works. Cannot turn off Temporary center points etc.

did you try the little gear next to the autocursor drop down

Has anyone encountered the same issue I mentioned re: No being able to access MachSim/Verify/Backplot through the buttons on the button bar? (Licensing Error).

Works fine using ALT-C for MachSim, and clicking on Backplot or Verify through the Operations manager.

Can I get rid of the QM icons that I never use?

The clicking of the right side or left side of the QM icons is a poor UI decision. The icons/buttons are barely bigger than the old icons and now they are split in half to make the selection area even smaller.

I would prefer left and right click on the full sized icons. I don't like the split too.

I would prefer left and right click on the full sized icons. I don't like the split too.

Yes I taught that process and method for years. Was one of the things I really focused on in teaching a Mastercam class. It was also one of the hardest ones to get people to get comfortable with. I will have to train myself to know it is there and adjust when we make the switch. We don't go backwards that much, but we currently have projects going in in V9(Verisurf), X5, X6, X7, X8 and X9. When you go between that many different versions trust me little things like this can test anyone's patience. I like the feel and direction of 2017, but since we are required to provide stable usable methods and process we cannot support our customers using 2017 until it is an official release. I test it as time permits, but need to focus my attention on paying work.

Just did an install of 2017 for a look see, not sure if I like the Tabs and groups yet, but it looks like you can make a Favorites tab. Also you would think that after all these years that they might integrate a crossing window like most other modeling software has.

It has it, go to you windowing options and select intersect.  That has been there for years

You can set that as a default option in your config too

Just did an install of 2017 for a look see, not sure if I like the Tabs and groups yet, but it looks like you can make a Favorites tab. Also you would think that after all these years that they might integrate a crossing window like most other modeling software has.

Sorry buy I like it being a CAM Software 1st and a modeling software 2nd.

• Like 1

I don't mean to be a smartguy but in the other software if you create a selection box from left to right it creates a "in" box if you go from right to left it creates a "in+" box. no extra clicking required.

Just putin in my 2 cents worth, I love the software, just thought it as an improvement.

• Like 2

Yea G.  Toggle , Auto cursor and auto cusor config dont not work

I noticed that you have to be in  a command to get the options to trigger. If you just go up to the options nothing happens but if you say, analyze distance, then you can go into the options. Might that be the problem?

Kevin K. 

• Like 1

I don't mean to be a smartguy but in the other software if you create a selection box from left to right it creates a "in" box if you go from right to left it creates a "in+" box. no extra clicking required.

Just putin in my 2 cents worth, I love the software, just thought it as an improvement.

Now that you have explained what you meant that is a great idea. I am sorry couldn't get what you meant from reading your original posting.