Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT: How many hours did you work last year?

Thad

O'man, I just guess-timated, but

6 days a week

x 14 Hours a day (avg.)

X 52 Weeks

-------------

4,368 Hours

+ 10% bonus hours on SUndays for Turbo kits that have to ship by yesterday!!

Total 4,804.8 Hours!!!! eek.gif

Did I mention that I take home $400/week?

I need a beer.... frown.gif

John

I put in ALOT of time this year, but have always worked alot. Now that Slick Willy (Trevor)is with us I hope that this year wont be as much.

As for Slick Willy, I cant say about out in CA, but I can verify that he worked atleast 25 hrs here in the carolinas. Thats about one a week. Alright Trevor! tongue.gif

[ 01-07-2004, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Jimmy Wakeford, from Barefoot CNC ]

jspangler that must be after paying for everything you have and insurance and everthing else I hope. Or man you need to start charging more. I myself have been thinking about being the ceo for a big company. you can run it in the ground and they pay you millions hell I could even do that. biggrin.gif

I worked about 2200 last year. I used to work 7 days a week but with the auto industry slow down Saturdays a far and few between. 1 good thing is I have finally learned how to live off a 40 hour check and might never work another Saturday. As for daily overtime I haven’t seen that offered in at least 2 years

well six days a week is the norm here

55 hours or more. minus a couple weeks

vacation and your day off here and there

probably 2500 hours or more a year.

i still like my saturdays,funny i always

had time for the kids,if i had to do something

with them i would just take off. that always

came first,didn't really care what the boss

had to say.if you do your job you shouldn't

have any problem.

cheers.gif marty cheers.gif

our regular hour here are 6:00am till 5:00 pm monday thru thrusday and 6:00 am till 2:30 on friday thats 50 hours a week if needbe we work till 6:00 or later during the week to get the extra hours to get the job done.. and last summer we did 6:00 to 6:00 mon to thurs and fridays off it was great for the summer and we still got 46 hrs for the week hope for the same next summer.. it felt like part time this place understands how to enjoy the weekends and i think it keeps the people from moving on it a nice way to work biggrin.gif

quote:

jspangler that must be after paying for everything you have and insurance and everthing else I hope. Or man you need to start charging more. I myself have been thinking about being the ceo for a big company. you can run it in the ground and they pay you millions hell I could even do that.

Hi

Actually this is the first year, in 10, that I've taken a steady paycheck. We're just working HARD and pumping everything in the business. It's working good so far. but I am DEFINITELY gonna set an alarm at 6:30, and get the heck outta here. No wonder why my four year old used to call HOME, "Mommy's house", and the shop "Daddy's house"

John

------------------------------------------

Beav700, that's not even 40 hr per week!

-------------------------------------------

I work from 7:30 to 3:30 with 1 hour lunch included. That makes 35 hours a week but the V.P. takes us out to lunch only twice or three times a week so the other days I usally work through lunch. Yeah, we're spoiled. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm also in charge of purchasing $12 million worth of tooling so our vendors take us out as well.

Best job I ever had.

[ 01-08-2004, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: beav700 ]

quote:

I figured up: (yearly total/52) = avg weekly pay. avg weekly pay-40hr pay = ovtime pay per week. ovtime pay/1.5 wage = ovtime hrs. (40+ovtime hrs)x52 = hours per year.

...or you could have checked the Total column in the Hours section of your last paycheck. biggrin.gif

Thad