Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Several Crashes so far

Camelot

I have now switched over to 2017 from V9.  In the last 5 days have had 4 crashes. 

One when I was simply opening up a file.

4 when I was altering or making a tool in Mastercam's tool manager.  Not the stand alone.

I've also have problems with making tools.  Screen gets garbled up after a couple of tools I make.  Happened in V9 as well.  Happens on all 3 computers at my work. 

Without going into great detail, I'll just say that I have a very high end computer and this still happens.  I'm thinking that is must be a Mastercam problem.   

Anyone else have this issue?

• Like 1

The only crashes I have experienced, are with opening a file, it still happens, I can create and alter/edit tooling with no crashes, but..... I have found recently, on the file opening issue, if I start mcam, then wait a few minutes before opening, no crashes, this was entirely by accident.

P.S. I did not like mcam2017 initially, but using it for a few weeks, it has become second nature !

• Like 1

The tool manager issue is known issue and a fix is on the way

It's a weird one.. some people see it frequently, others never see it.

I'm one of the lucky ones, though I have no idea why.

Must be something to do with prerequisite installs that some people have and others don't

Yep, been a real b!+€# for me as well. I have taken to saving my file in between steps and before EVERY time I edit a tool. That way I don't lose any work. I would say my programming efficiency has dropped tremendously as a result of this bug.

2017 is the first release since V7 that I have SERIOUSLY considered uninstalling until it gets fixed. Problem is I have a project I am too far along on to start over.... And I don't have X9 installed anymore. :(

I hope this fix comes soon. I can't take it much longer.

(Surface issues) When I untrim or extend a surface it makes 14 0r 47  or... odd amounts of Duplicate surfaces in the one mouse click.

I can see them in Delete duplicates but , delete duplicates won't delete them.

I have to pain stakingly delete them one at a Time !?!

I have even created a simple Loft surface ( 2 line Ruled) and the result is my new surface and my last surface trim to plane pop's back un trimmed with 63 duplicates !!

Undo quit's about 5 minute's into a session.

I had it set to unlimited and or 100 at 500 meg.

Didn't matter. to get undo to work again you have to close out and then re open it.

Awesome stuff going on when making electrodes.

It takes me hours longer fighting these two things.

I will run Jing video tomorrow to send into QC.

I haven't had any tool manager crashes either but that lathe +D+Z has got me good.

Fres, I haven't had that issue with surface operation but I many many times if I try to hide entities with alt+e surfaces will not hide. They do change appearance but don't go away. After it does that only a reboot will get it to go away. I however think it is a video card issue for me.

I haven't had the tool manager crash at all. Like gcode, not once.

The +D+Z issue is the JParis B1tch ( :) ) for me. I wont do any lathe work in 2017. Strictly milling.

I programme screw rotors, all lathe work and milling work, are done using the top wcs, when turning i set my datums(usually g54/55/56) from inside the operation parameter page, i have used this method since X6, and have had no problems EVER, as i said previously, only opening a file, but i have found a "workaround" for this

Looks like the crashing problem has been fixed. Been two days with only one crash and I think it was my fault. I have not been able to repeat it.

WHEW!!!

:cheers: CNC

Hold off on those cheers. I thought I was in the clear...but crash city once again. It appears that update 1 did nothing to fix this fvcking issue.