Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Installed Mastercam Versions

jfranya

I was wondering if any of you have more than one version of Mastercam installed on your pc? I have X7, X8, X9 and 2017 currently installed and was wondering if there is any reason I should have any other version installed besides the current version?

I have X6, X9 and 2018.  

I still have quite a few old programs made in X6 and with so many considerable changes made to the SHS paths, When I open the files in the new versions of the software  the containment boundaries don't work as they did in the past.  I keep X6 just for those files.

X9 I'll keep until I get used to 2018.  :D

• Like 1

X9 for primary use. 2017 that I've logged about half an hour in and that's all I could stomach of the interface.  2018 downloaded but not installed; I plan to give it a shot soon and try using a 2nd keyboard programmed with single-key macros for as many functions as possible:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-a-powerful-programmable-keypad-for-less-tha/

Man I wish we were on maintenance......I have X8 with Verisurf and X9. X9 is set-up to my liking and it sucks having to go back to x8 and probe/ reverse things and have  to bring them back to x9. Would be nice to have everything upgraded. Is everyone here on maintenance or are you buying the new versions as they come out, it seems like there is some pretty big jumps between versions. 

19 hours ago, Matthew Hajicek™ - Conventus said:

X9 for primary use. 2017 that I've logged about half an hour in and that's all I could stomach of the interface.  2018 downloaded but not installed; I plan to give it a shot soon and try using a 2nd keyboard programmed with single-key macros for as many functions as possible:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Making-a-powerful-programmable-keypad-for-less-tha/

Matt - please keep us old lags posted with how you get on.

27 minutes ago, MOLD101 said:

Any chance of legacy paths? I really am missing good old parallel and shallow.

Right click in the OP's manager, they're there...just didn't get set in the menu's