Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Kitamura MycenterHX400iG Machine center

Smit

I know someone that purchased one of these a few years back. They love it.  I wish that I could offer some specifics. 

We bought two of the first generation 3xg's.  Back then, the machine design (no side door access to clean chips or carousel) and the Arumitik HMI left a lot to be desired. It was horribly buggy and some of the functionality either didn't work or didn't work correctly.  From what I've heard, quite a few of the bugs have been ironed out.

I haven't seen any of the newer machines with the newer HMI but the version on our machine was made to emulate and look very similar to a Fanuc control so it was easy for our operators to adjust to them.

One thing that I will say about our 3xg's. They were *very* accurate and for their size, *very* rigid.  That, and 2000ipm on a box way machine is pretty impressive. Just be prepared to go through some way lube.  :D  

All good experiences. Might look at the Matsuura H405 Plus with Pallet Changer integrated into the mach. We have a customers who is getting 155 hours a week out of theirs running Ti. Go with the Big Plus, 1000 TSC, Coolant Chiller and 520 Tool Stations. You can come down to the H400 Plus, but you loose some size and go down to 330 tools. Great system with load station and pallet storage all integrated.

H-Plus Link

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, mkd said:

or if you don't want to go full pop Matsuura:

you can get a lower toolchanger/spindle spec but otherwise identical quaser

http://www.quaser.com/english/products.php?mode=proDetail&cid=1480554140&pid=1480467838&topcid=1478586082

if you're looking at a Kit, perhaps quaser should also be in the running

I like their MK5U series machines. Thanks for posting that up.

Kitamura is a solid machine. We had an early 2000's 400mm HMC where I used to work and it just kept chugging along. Also take a look at the Makino A51. IMO you can't go wrong with either of the two or the Matsuura Hplus405. I  think the Hplus 400 is a re-branded quasar import but I could be wrong. Doesn't mean it's not a decent machine though.

MIke 

Thanks for the feedback gents.

It sounds like the Kitamura is a pretty solid machine but maybe not the very best.

One observation on the Matsuura. Since they've pulled out of the distributor relationship with Methods we don't have local service for our Matsuuras so for that reason I'd be hesitant to purchase a Matsuura machine. Too bad for both parties really.

2 hours ago, Smit said:

It sounds like the Kitamura is a pretty solid machine but maybe not the very best.

One observation on the Matsuura. Since they've pulled out of the distributor relationship with Methods we don't have local service for our Matsuuras so for that reason I'd be hesitant to purchase a Matsuura machine. Too bad for both parties really.

I was not aware of that move. Interesting development thank for the feedback. Only thing I can say is once you are up and running the Matsuura should be a work horse, but yes you must consider local service in any purchase.

2 hours ago, Smit said:

Since Matsuura made that move our service has improved, not declined.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, MIL-TFP-41 said:

Since Matsuura made that move our service has improved, not declined.

I guess it depends on where you are.

We had to fly somebody in from Chicago, pay his travel, hotel, etc, etc to have a spindle installed recently. If they don't install it they won't honor the warranty. I'm not unhappy with the service, the technician was good. But not pleased to have to fly somebody in to do it.

Service under Methods was always very good, and local.

7 hours ago, Smit said:

Yamizen is the new england dealer.

We got 5 mx from them. Sofar the service has been good.

We bought 2 HX500g's last year and there were some issues up front with the install, and tolerances, but we had Kitamura service ball bar test and tweak them and now they are really accurate, they are more rigid than our Makinos.  We have 314 tools on each and 8 pallet pools on them. HSK63a 20k spindles.