Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Does Camplete support mikron 5 Axis machines?

2 minutes ago, JParis said:

The better question is why it was for sale...

Why was CNC Software for Sale? Company comes along and offers me the right price I will sale 5th Axis CG Inc in a heart beat. Hard running a business in this day and age. Better question is why where they wanting to buy it? Why is their business model seem to be to destroy American Manufacturing verses help it like they claim? How many good products and companies have they destroyed in the name of turning a profit?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JParis said:

With Autodesk, it starts and ends right there

Takes me to a quote from the book "Rising Sun"  I'll paraphrase it...

"If you do not wish us to buy it, why then is it for sale?"

Why do we all work? We are also trying to turn a profit to feed our families and keep a roof over our head. We have different ideas about how to go about that and don't want to sale others out to get there is really the difference. Our education system is coming to a rude awaking because of this the turn a profit at the sacrifice of the teaching has caught up and interesting those of this that choose a vocation don't seem so crazy after all.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, crazy^millman said:

Why was CNC Software for Sale?

I think they realized they could not beat a monster like AutoDesk in a head to head fight.

CNC Software did not have the resources to withstand AD's predatory business model.

It's hard to stay competitive when your rivals can afford to give their entry level software away for free.

1 minute ago, gcode said:

CNC Software did not have the resources to withstand AD's predatory business model.

Just my opinion, FWIW, I have zero information to support it. I do wonder if it wasn't more of a "cash out"...perhaps wrapped up in some of what you believe gcode

On 11/22/2023 at 6:37 AM, JParis said:

Just my opinion, FWIW, I have zero information to support it. I do wonder if it wasn't more of a "cash out"...perhaps wrapped up in some of what you believe gcode

of course it was a cash out.. a business two generations in the making, in an unwinnable death match with an unbeatable giant... who wouldn't??

They got a nice payday, most of their employees survived and they retain a large degree of autonomy over the day to day operations of the business.

That may change  in time, but for now, as users, there is no sign the firm even has new owners.

... with the exception of 5 updates for a single release. I'm sure that is not a coincidence.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, gcode said:

... with the exception of 5 updates for a single release. I'm sure that is not a coincident.

It is amazing what accountability does in situations like this.

Yes the AD model has and still is the long game. They only care about profit and crushing whoever they can in the process. No different that the top 9 richest people in the world. They output more than 5 billion people in carbon emission combined by themselves.

Well this has gone off the rails and sure the ban hammer is coming soon. :offtopic::popo::offtopic::popo:

• Haha 2
  • 3 months later...