Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Out go the lights

HI

What??

WHo the heck reboots a computer by throwing the breaker? I'd make them pay for the time you lost out of THEIR pocket, and see if they don't think that maybe they can just unplug their computer next time.

Jeez!!

O'yeah, Autosave after EVERYTHING, and before you hit FILE-SAVE.

John

Uhmmm yeah, UPS one of the best investments I have made in a long time. Just two weeks ago we had the power go out for about 4 hours. The UPS gave me 30 minutes of run time and then the system shut down safely with no lost data. On numerous occasion, it has also saved me when the power shuts of for a brief second, normally it would be enough to reboot, now just hit alt-a say a thanks to the UPS and continue on my way.

Okay, let me clear some things up. The office that I work in does not have light switches, just the breakers. In training last week, which Don attended, the internet/email was down. Jimmy told me to shut down my pc, and run upstairs and switch the breaker, which I did. I didn't realize that the training pc's were on the same one, or else I would have said something to the guys tongue.gif So that is the story, I've learned my lesson. But I do have to say that when Jimmy and I were setting up the training room for this weeks class we turned all the switches on, and heard a pop. We walked back there, and a computer fan was running wide open, and smelled horrible (it blew up). Then when we were talking about it, we figured out that Don had just sat there and used that computer for the 5-axis class last week! eek.gif Coincidence? confused.gif I think not! biggrin.gif

jspangler

I like your idea, but since Katie writes the checks out it would prolly be hard to get her to dock her own pay.

The building were in was built in the 1850's so the wiring is kinda strange. What was funny was 5 min after Katie called with network trouble Sam called and said the power was flickering on and off.

rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Last week I was in an Inventor 8 class test and the instructor mentioned repeatedly to save often. The man beside me screams in anguish as when his computer hangs after approximately one hour in - I immediately do a save as does most everybody else in the class; funny how we can tend to forget such obvious things. I commented during the next class that I merely did well at somebody elses expense as many other students agreed.

I should know better - as we all should.

Regards, Jack

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Always draw with integrity...

Man... you're preaching to the choir! cheers.gif

You know, at my company, there is a well respected Engineer that believes it's ok for them to draw with tolerance. Unfortunately on of our well respected Programers sided with him. mad.gif

Sorry, my motto is ALWAYS DRAW TO NOMINAL!!!

JMHO

Last year at my SolidWorks class, we were taking our final exam.

2 hrs 45 min into it, one of the hotshots finish up and unplugged his laptop.

Unfortunately, he pulled the wrong cord out of the wall....

6 guys at workstations got unplugged with 15 minutes left to finish the final.

This was a 3rd semester advanced class, and believe it or not, 3 of the 6 had not saved their

work one time in 3 hours bonk.gif

The laptop guy left quick flame.gif

I had a guy working for me who flipped the breaker on and off real fast surching for the right circut he need to cut power to.

The brownout was so severe, it blew my brand new $500 video card.......I put a bolt through that lever where he couldnt do that anymore.....

Murlin