Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

First Post

Jim at Gentex

Hey all...

I didn't even realize this board existed until I recently attended a Mastercam training session and was introduced to it there. I've been reading some of the posts and can't wait to try some stuff I've already learned here!

I am also thoroughly impressed with the technical knowledge of many of the members here and am looking forward to sharing useful information when I can.

A bit of background...

I have been using Mastercam since about version 4 (remember the 'good old DOS days' guys?), but there are MANY things I still don't even pretend to know!

I am currently running Version 9.1 on 2 Fadal VMC 4020's (1 with A/B attachment)and have recently began using Cimco-Edit Pro to edit files and communicate w/ the CNC's. These machines are 10-12 years old, but still get the job done. I do mostly 1 and 2 piece prototype work as well as small injection molding and vacuum-form tooling. I hope some of my experience may benefit someone else here.

I also like the social nature of this web board and enjoy reading a good joke now and then, as well as sports and news discussions. I am looking forward to perusing the board when I have one of those LLLOOOOOOONG finish cut toolpaths to run and I start climbing the walls.

biggrin.gif CHEERS!

Welcome and on here with that first post think you will fit right in with the rest of us. Hope you dont mind some us that are a little off the off hence the name. If you have not looked at the MPMASTER_FADAL post that in-house has you might want to talk to your dealer and see if they can get you a copy to try out think you might like it. I have set up one of the post to do the A & B manunally was well as the A fully in the vertical with B in the right hand position. I can show things I have done to get this if you are intrested.

Again welcome and glad to have a fellow prototyper going in the scheme of things.

[ 06-10-2004, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: Millman^Crazy ]

Hello ,Jim and welcome !

I want to warn you that some human forum members

are very sensetive and in love with Mastercam .

That can drive to the flame war .

My best contribution was ruined just this way : #13

Here goes an advice :

Never use #13 ,never start new topics on Friday 13 and always play by rules and you `ll be happy ,my human friend

cool11.gif

HF