Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

BIG CRASH !

cadcamjim

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Our Haas saleman told us that if a Haas retention knob broke that they would fix the spindle for FREE.

Our Haas saleman told us that if a Haas retention knob broke that they would fix the spindle for $9,854.35.

cadcamjim,

Here's a link to a website that lists spindle repair companies.

http://www.technitoolinc.com/products.htm

Certified Spindle Prep. reground spindles at the last company I worked at. Frank is a good guy and is based out of Oregon. I don't have a phone number for him but you might be able to contact the folks at the website and ask them for some help contacting him.

HTH

quote:

blowing off the table must be a all day event

When the machine is roughing wingskins, its

a full time job for two guys with push brooms.

There is a chip conveyor that runs the legnth of the machine but it can't keep up with heavy ruffinhg in aluminum.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Haas saleman told us that if a Haas retention knob broke that they would fix the spindle for FREE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:

Our Haas saleman told us that if a Haas retention knob broke that they would fix the spindle for $9,854.35.

Pretty close.Complete spindle swap,

$7079.53

2697.00 credit for defective spindle.

+labour 6 hrs

Looks like it will be completed on Monday.

I am suprised at how many this has happened to.

I'm also going to swap out all of our retention knobs for new ones as well .(NOT FROM HAAS)I am going to send out the knob for hardness testing and post results. IT broke at the weakest point and does look extremely hard.

gcode that machine of yours rocks !

quote:

Ive heard that your company has biggest Gantry on West Coast. How long is table?

I thought it was 20 by 230 feet, but I just dug up the specs.

The table is 14 ft wide 215 ft long. The chip conveyors and coolant tanks add another 30 feet to the OAL

Thanks for the links guys, but we opted for the new spindle swap. If this was a new machine I would of considered the grinding but due to the fact it is going on 7 yrs old and over 12,000 hrs feed cutting time, it seemed the better choice and will be finished tomorrow.

quote:

but we opted for the new spindle swap. If this was a new machine I would of considered the grinding but due to the fact it is going on 7 yrs old and over 12,000 hrs feed cutting time,

I think that was a good move, Pay it now or pay it later.

quote:

Yeah, Just like they told me they would replace the transmission that was bad from day one as soon as it died, even if it was out of warranty.

HA.

Had it in writing and STILL got screwed.

HAAS = you get what you pay for...

John

quote:

HAAS = you get what you pay for...

Agreed, I will never pay for a machine again, that has a picture of their service vehicle on their website. biggrin.gif Or one that brags about within 24 hour service. I rather have a machine tool, that takes them 5 days to get to your shop. Since these machines I will most likely not see their service technician for 6 years.

Jim

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

If you spend 3 million in the span of a year, generally you will get someone there in 24 houirs or less too. biggrin.gif

James teh "...don't make me reccommend a Makino..." I said to the Mori sales guy. biggrin.giftongue.gif

• 2 years later...

Bump.

For some of the other new guys who haven't seen this yet.

quote:

I've put a zipped JPG named 5X gantry.zip

in the All_pictures folder on the FTP

eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif

Just had a pullstud snap in our VF3 while in warm up. Glad I wasn't cutting anything at the time.

Now I've got the whole shop a little stressed about it.

Those command ones still holding up for you Greg?