Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

setup sheet?

Marty A

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

what up thad

Hey Marty!

Tryin' to get rid of that darn map, I see? We use very little paperwork over here. Then again, we're set up different than you guys are. We program it, then run our own stuff. That way, we know what's going on and know what to expect.

The tlist.dll chook alone will only print out a tool list. This is a nice feature, but you'll still need to print out a brief description of each program for the operator. It would be nice if you could combine the 2 things into one easy to generate printing. Good luck!

Thad

hi Thad

yea that's what i'm trying to do. i want to have

a space in the setup sheet for a little comment.

it depends on what day of the week it is,will the operator go by the map or look at the program.

they don't want to do anything now but push

the button.well talk to ya later.

cheers.gif marty cheers.gif

Marty, you may want to touch base with Millman or Rekd on what your after. the tooldatasheet I am working on isnt bad if all else fails. you can always add to it with instructions. I no they have some good setup sheets tho. maybe check the ftp site to see whats been posted there. I'll keep you updated with what I come up with cheers.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Don, it only generates what toolpaths you have checked in the opp manager. from 1 opp to all opps can be output, also note: if you output to an HTML you can edit it by going to view in the menu. select source code and it comes up in notepad. make any changes and then save. it then goes back to the HTML view. just hit refresh and your edits are done

great job Gismo, I was on the path to do this but you beat me to it. Thanks cheers.gif

Gismo,

We use a separate operation group and programme for each tool. These are then called as subs from a main programme. This way an engineering change request or a tooling change will not result in a job needing to be re-proven. What I would like if I could do it is to have something like this:

1010 63mm face mill length diameter tool#

1020 16mm rmr length diameter tool#

1030 6mm spot drill length diameter tool#

I haven't had a lot of time to investigate this because our format may change shortly. Will the datasheet use the template if it is in the same folder?

Thanks,

Bruce

Gismo,

Sorry, those are the programme numbers. I can get the NCI name from the first operation in each operation group with VB(I think), but I don;t want the whole path.

I have uploaded brucesetupsheet.pdf into the unspecified uploads folder. This is a good sheet but we do it manually in our company database. Ther is also brucesetupsheet.bmp which is a screen shot of the operations manager for this group of programmes. Each operations group is a separate programme. This setupsheet is time consuming and open to human error. The operator at the machine will create a main programme that calls each tool as a subprogramme.

We may also use the one tool 2 or 3 times within an operation so tool list wont give us a breakdown of all the sub programmes. ie if I use a spot drill then a drill and then the same spot drill again I only get the spot drill and the drill once each in the tool list.

Ideally the programme # field in the tool parameters window could be accessed with VB but I have been told that this is not available.

Bruce

[ 09-30-2004, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: BC10146 ]