Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam X SP1 - Update 1

To All Mastercam X SP1 users...

We have just released a patch to update Mastercam X SP1. It will only work on Mastercam X SP1 (Not on the original Mastercam X or on the MR1 Beta which already contains these fixes.)

This release will fix a number of issues in SP1 and is available to all users, including those not on Maintenance. The patch is available via the update manager, which can be accessed from either Help -> Update Mastercam or from the Programs Menu -> Mastercam X -> Update Manager.

Without going into a lot of details the bug fixes are listed as follows:

- A problem in MP has been fixed with the breaking of arcs and arc moves. This is a very important correction.

- A part file can now be exported as a *.DXF. The file type previously defaulted to *.DWG.

- A part file can now be exported as an *.IGES. The file extensions after the file type previously interfered with the export.

- Several problems with system crashes and hangs in Backplot have been fixed.

- Mastercam editor will now be able to read and write translated *.nc files. File extensions were previously added to the resource *.dll that have since been removed.

Thank you for your patience in these issues,

I will say if it was supposed to fix the G02/G03 issue that it did not help my problem with the G01 after the G02/G03.

headscratch.gif

My MPmaster posts have this problem yet my oooooold fadal post does not, the MPmaster for X also has the problem but the generic 4ax fanuc does not.

[ 10-20-2005, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: jmparis ]

John,

Looks like G01 after the G02/G03 is still not there in certain toolpaths.

X shift on rapid retract is still there (not a big deal so far).

This update did change a bunch of linear moves into arcs (like it's supposed to be) on some pocketing toolpaths.

Also right clicking in op manager still doesn't show "change program number" in Mill level 2.

Mark

The address I was looking for when my hasp didn't work after installing the patch is http://www.mastercam.com/Support/Downloads...s/drivers_x.zip

It shows up when the Update manager is installing the update, but when install is complete you have no way of finding it.

What I did to find it was to write it down when I installed the patch to another seat we have here.

Just in case someone else needs it.

lynnz