Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Multimedia page on Mastercam.com

CNC Software has added a new Multimedia section to the Mastercam.com Web site.

Multimedia page on Mastercam.com

This page gives you the opportunity to explore some of the latest features in the Mastercam X family with downloadable video demonstrations, narrated overviews, and documents highlighting powerful new tools.

The Introducing Mastercam X video, which was initially introduced on the Mastercam X release CD, and the What’s New videos from MR1/SP2 are included on this page. The newest addition is the Machine Definition/Control Definition Toolkit. The toolkit consists of 3 parts:

· MD/CD Overview Videos - These videos introduce you to the overall concepts, vocabulary, and workflow of Mastercam X's machine and control definitions. Requires Macromedia Flash and best viewed at 1280x1024 screen resolution.

· MD/CD FAQ Videos - These videos highlight frequently asked questions about machine and control definitions in Mastercam X, including how to change your post processor. Requires Macromedia Flash and best viewed at 1280x1024 screen resolution.

· Working with Machine and Control Definitions – This PDF (Adobe Acrobat) file provides step-by-step instructions and additional background information on machine and control definitions in Mastercam X.

The Multimedia page at Mastercam.com will be continuously updated with new, exciting material, so check back often!

Ok folks how many of you bothered to look at this????

In my opinion you are not using a 10th of the new more powerful stuff of Mastercam if you do not look at this video. I will bump this everyday so that hopefully more of you get the point to look at these videos. Alot of people bitched about what are they doing what are they offering well folks this alone pays for maintence in my book. We have 12 seats here and I with 100% certainity will push all be on maintence that are not now. I have a good example of a part. It was done in MR105 V9. We are doing the roughing with surface rough pocket in about 1-1/4 hours a part. We have had to do alot of editing to get to it that good. With this new Core roughing toolpath and the steep and shallow setting along with the transitions page I cut the toolpath in half. We are doing this on a 3 spindle machine doing 18 parts per strip. That is a savings of 13-1/2 hours per run. I will have 2 runs a month for the next 5 years. That is just one toolpath. I can not wait to explore how it is going to help in the finishing of this part. That has saved our company $65,000 this year alone. More than pays for having 12 seats on maintence 5 fold on one part. So cheat yourself cheat your company by not looking and not learning. I will being pushing this up everyday so get use to it.

Oh and the 57 page PDF on Machine and Control Defintions has been printed and put in my Mastercam book for reference how about yours???

Wasn't there a codec that was available on the original X disc that allowed you to view the CNC videos if you coud not see them.

I remember it was accesible somewhere I just can't recall exactly where at the moment.