Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Why is MCX unstable ???

RandleXX

quote:

I am figuring most of you fall in this bracket too.

Hey! tongue.gifcool.gifbiggrin.gif

quote:

Murlin: Always send in the crash reports

Ok np. It was kind of embarrasing after about 10 or so in the same day. bonk.gif Especially since I figured out it was mostly my hardware rolleyes.gif

Don't think I have crashed one time on my new shuttle headscratch.gif had some problems but no crashes.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some video cards that come in the Dell Mastercam Workstations.

NVIDIA Quadro® FX 350M 512MB TurboCacheTM (laptop)

NVIDIA Quadro® FX 4500

Here are the video cards that come in computers that our dealer sells with MC pre-loaded.

NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT PCI-E 128MB

NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT PCI-E 256MB

I guess you could say that these are MC approved.

Thad

John, I too would blame the solids or hdw combo but the problem seems to be that geometry gets rearanged sometimes in conjunction with a save. If I orphan the solid this doesn't happen. I also have some 5ax swarf toolpaths that seem to be corrupt upon re-opening the file and won't regen at all. The swarf problem seems to go away when I uncheck the "minimize corners in toolpath" option. Don't get me wrong, I like mastercam but get frustrated like others. I have beta'd other software packages so my tolerance level might be higher that others but after 20 or 30 problems a week it gets old and I like other must vent.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Also, if you are crashing, make sure you DO SUBMIT the crash reports. We have had great success with these and have been able to track down and fix some problems in a more efficient manner. We do get these reports and do work with them. We may not respond to everyone that sends one in, but they are being used...

Just so you folks know, I had an AutoCAD file that was crashing MC on import, always. I SENT IN THE dozen or so CRASH REPORTS after finally giving up on the file (It was just an old sample file so it was not important for the most part). Anyway, the next day I get an e-mail form QC and they asked me for the file because they want to do some testing. So they are paying attention folks.

Hey Pete et. al..., 99.999999% of us around here appreciate all you do and are doing to improve our lives as programmers. Keep up the great work. As a business owner, I'll say SOME CUSTOMERS ARE NOT WORTH HAVING Randle is one of them. Sure he's going to bad mouth MC every chance he gets but so what. Very few people have the issues he's having so wh he blasts MC to people they will just say, "...gee, I havent had those problems..." like the VAST majority of us around here.

JM2C

So far I've had no real problems with X.

Its a lot more stable that 9 ever was.

I'm currently working on a fairly large file. I have it on autosave. When its saving the program "pauses" or "freezes" for about 15sec or longer to complete the save. The pause could appear to be a crash for the impatient.

For what its worth

quote:

Hey Pete et. al..., 99.999999% of us around here appreciate all you do and are doing to improve our lives as programmers. Keep up the great work. As a business owner, I'll say SOME CUSTOMERS ARE NOT WORTH HAVING Randle is one of them.

+1 to James

This is a nice example of rude offence without swear words .

This thing is pollitically correct ,right ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

CNC services would do better to invest into educated, more talented programmers to write their software. There is no excuse for shoddy software these days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What would be your reaction when someone tells your boss that he better hire "educated, more talented programmer " instead of you ,JWTK ?

[ 05-11-2006, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Iskander teh Owl ]

IMHO, Pete, Jim, take you time with MR2. I'd rather have patience and get improvements that are worth the wait, rather than complain to the point where CNC feels rushed to reease something that isn't worth my time.

We all knew there were going to be glitches when we switched to X, and we all knew we had the option to stick with 9.1 like Isk, if we wanted to. I remember waiting to switch to V9, until 9.1 was released just to be on the safe side. But with X, I wanted to be the kewl kid on the block, the first to know it, and not get left behind. As a result, I have to be a guinea pig, and I'm fine with that. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty stoked to know MTC is contributing to the development.

So trying to be the mediator, Randle, maybe just step back, use Version 9.1 and keep an eye on the forum to see when everyone is praising Version X. And everyone else, sure he was being harsh, but hey, he's still a member, and he's ticked off, let him vent, you've let me (of course, the name calling and finger pointing could use an apology).

No need to rush things, I'm sure it's got a long way to go, but hey, what's that old saying about Rome?

quote:

IMHO, Pete, Jim, take you time with MR2. I'd rather have patience and get improvements that are worth the wait, rather than complain to the point where CNC feels rushed to reease something that isn't worth my time

+1000 for Slick !!!!

Good morning all!

How do I send in a crash report if MCX freezes up and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del to get it to shut down? This seems to be the majority of crashes/freeze-ups. confused.gif

Very rarely does it crash where the Mastercam crash report pops up. When it does I always send the report in.

quote:

I'll say SOME CUSTOMERS ARE NOT WORTH HAVING Randle is one of them.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Do a little research. I'm not the only person who feels that MCX needs fixin.

I'm OK with that ([email protected]).

Please make sure the instructions are clear so that I can quickly try to reproduce it.

I'm also looking at one of your recent crash reports now. Somewhere deep in sync-ing chains for a 3D Swept toolpath. Are you using those Wireframe toolpaths a lot. Do you find that a lot of your problems occur when working with them?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll say SOME CUSTOMERS ARE NOT WORTH HAVING

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard it many times from many dealers

an I agree with it !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry you feel that way. Do a little research. I'm not the only person who feels that MCX needs fixin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is exactly what you do .

You see ,young man ,may be MCX is not the best and true it is full of bugs ,but any lack of personal respect from your side turns you into the silly dumbass .

That`s how it looks .

And while you are staying the active client of CNC software ,noone in the near future will have any wish to deal with you in anything .

Unigraphix dealer may be the friend of someone from the forum too .

All the guys here will try to remeber you not to get in touch with you in future .

I think if generally your intentions mayhaps not bad at all ,your acts are silly and bad .

I think you need to change yourself ,it will serve you good

This is a small world ,and you have a big mouth

quote:

What happened to forum rules on actual swearing?

It's a good rule, although I'm not personally offended by swearing.

The biggest offender of late has been Iskander, and I felt a bit strange moving to ban him... long time member and all. Also his first offense was sort of academic (BBC study on offensive words).

The Nice Big Cup of STFU is a favourite around here, so I couldn't stop laughing long enough to deal with it.

So, let's turn a blind eye to the recent swearing, cut it out, and get back to the RandleXX drama.

BTW, I've had some 1-on-1 dealings with Randle. I hate to blow his cover, but he's really quite pleasant to work with. Furthermore, if we can work with him to satify his Mastercam needs, the product will be better off in the end.

--------------------

Dave T.

Master Fresh Java Engineer

quote:

Are you using those Wireframe toolpaths a lot. Do you find that a lot of your problems occur when working with them?

Yes, I really like the wireframe toolpaths. They seem to be much easier to control without a lot of "mystery moves".

The only trouble I have run into is with the 3d swept toolpath. If a tool dia. is too large for a radius then the toolpath will create a small "back-up" behind itself. This is an easy work-around by selecting a smaller dia. tool.