Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How many times a day are you doing Ram Saver??

Ron Branch @ Verisurf

I find myself doing this about 20 to 30 times a day with X4MU2. I have ghost lines and solids and all types of things all the time I never use to have in other releases. I also see this with the levels manager where things will stay on levels that have nothing and have to shut down the levels manager.

I did not want to do a poll I wanted to hear feed back from others and see what you were experiencing. Thanks for taking time to respond.

I use RAM-saver about every 15-30 minutes. So 20-30 times a day sounds pretty accurate. This is on my larger files. With smaller files (less than 10 mb), I'm not using RAM-saver much at all, but I still save like it is going out of style...

I'd say 4/5 times, RAM-saver finds something that it needs to clean out.

BTW, I'm also copying lots of toolpaths, dragging and dropping geometry, and dragging toolpath parameters between ops...

Ron, I ramsaver every 5-10 minutes. I have experienced the funny activity with solids, but I rarely toolpath with solids. Converting everything to surfaces fixes the problem. I tried programming a few parts with solids since X4MU2 and have experienced serious lag issues and went back to surfaces without the lag.

I use "Regenerate Display List" for ghost lines and such probably 15 times a day. Never use Ram Saver, maybe five times in ten years of programming. My files are generally small (under 10 MB) and I don't have solids. All electrode design work is done in SolidWorks. I merge the SolidWorks file to standard files I created in MasterCAM. And like Colin, I am a habitual saver.

I never use ram saver. Not with all previous versions of Mastercam, either.

Regen Display gets used quite a few times per day, however. I have a hot key assigned for it.

I work with wireframes, surfaces, solids created in Mastercam, imported solids, and do some minor drafting all on a regular basis in X4 MU2 and have no display problems other than toolpath icons turning into squares on a random infrequent basis when drag copying toolpaths.

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU (x64)

NVIDIA FX 1700 display

4GB RAM

Hum seems to be mixed. I got a great computer with plenty of Processor, Memory, and Video Card so not sure why I am seeing the problems I am. I am going to record some of the stuff after the new year and send off to QC so they can see what I am seeing. Thanks everyone for your responses and if anyone has something to add please feel free to do so.