Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Please post here if you are new to the Forum

Webby

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I'm a mastercam user from Sweden. We have been using smartcam before but switched to mastercam with solids and 5-axis capabilities. I'm currently looking for posts for our lathes, Index G200 with double turrets, double spindles, y and b-axes, feature packed machines. We also have simpler lathes but almost all have siemens controllers on them.

Regards

Mats

I've been using Mastercam since 1986. I was running version 3.12 (?) on a 286. I've still got the old computer. I use it as a foot rest, mostly.

I used to do inhouse Mastercam training in NY in the late 80's.

I've worked for AVF since 1992. We're a thermoforming company. We use Mastercam for designing and writing programs for our molds, as well as writing our 5-axis programs for our Thermwoods.

------------------

Dave Eno

Auburn Vacuum Forming Co., Inc.

[email protected]

I've been using Mastercam since 1986. At the time, I was running version 3.12 on a 286. I still have the computer. I use it as a foot rest mostly.

In the late 80's, I did inhouse trainings of Mastercam.

Since 1992, I've worked for AVF. We currently use V8 to design and program thermoforming tools as well as program our 5-axis Thermwoods.

------------------

Dave Eno

Auburn Vacuum Forming Co., Inc.

[email protected]

Hey all,

I've been reading the posts for a while, and now I'm finally registered. I work at Lawrence Mold & Tool in central NJ (USA) as a CNC programmer. I've been a Mastercam user since ver 5.5, mill level 3. Currently I'm using ver 7.2c, and hope to soon be upgrading to ver 8. I'm very pleased that there is a forum out there for Mastercam users! biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Mark H (edited 11-22-2000).]

I've been following this forum off and on for the past few months & thought it is time I registered. I'm a toolmaker of 14 years. Been using Mastercam since V3.0. I run a Haas machining center (VF6-50). I work at Melching Machine in Ossian, IN. We are a job shop mainly building rubber molds and pots for the auto industry. I am a past winner of Mastercam's industrial parts drive. I am looking forward to learning and sharing with everyone involved in the forum.

• 3 months later...

This forum is really great. Been following it for a few months, and finally registered. Lots of good info here, and have had several issues resolved just by reading the posts and replies. Moved from SmartCam (good program), to Mastercam(better program) with version 7.0. Currently using 8.0 and think its awesome.

[This message has been edited by Estop (edited 03-25-2001).]

Hi Folks from Downunder,

Been using Mastercam MC8 last 6 months.

I work for a Manufacturing company using Mastercam with our Profile Cutter, Mills, Lathes and Drill.

Have been looking at Forum for a while now, Great Tips.

Kevin

Australia

I have been designing and building molds for 20 years-since 1990 I've used Mastercam. I appreciate the improvements that this software has made. After designing with Autocad, the 3d design package with Mastercam is a pleasure to use.

Nick Franco from Fremont, Ca. Been using Mastercam for 7 years along with Mazaks to do all my rotating in Mazatrol. Currently learning how to use Mastercam to do high precision (large 300mm) semiconducter chambers on all faces on Mazak 8800's and 6800's (high speed, 50 taper, 15,000rpm, shrink fit, balanceable tooling) Glad to be part of this forum.

Nick Franco

[email protected] (a Saint-Gobain company)

my name is tony green to the hole cnc programming thing i have run a harrison 550 for 2 yrs tought myself how to use all the programming software it's called alpha cam pretty easy now we have just bought a okuma full blown cnc and we bought this software with it ..... i am the forman of the machining dept and have to learn this software asap i start class the 30 of april but would like to go to it with a little basic knowledge on the software , so i have just downloaded the tutorialk 6 for master cam anyone else have any recomendations on what i need to get me on the correct path????????

------------------

live and learn as much as possible and live life to the fullest.............Lw