Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

In-House Solutions and Barefoot CNC form partnership.

Webby

For those of you who skip front page news... :)

In-House Solutions Inc. is pleased to announce the signing of a Strategic Post Processor Development Partnership Agreement with Barefoot CNC, Morganton, NC. Under this agreement, In-House Solutions will develop, sell and support Mastercam post processors and Barefoot CNC will become an integral part of the post processor development team. Two long term and reputable Mastercam Resellers join forces to develop superior and reliable post processors along with machine simulation for the Mastercam Reseller network.

Mastercam programmers worldwide can continue to benefit from In-House Solutions’ post processors for machines such as Mill-Turn machines (multi-tasking machines), CNC Mills from 2 to 5 Axis including horizontal machines (with probing routines, rotary axis), CNC Lathes such as 2-axis turning to C-axis machining, Wire 2-5 axis, CNC Routers 2-5 axis/Point-2-Point machines (with Multi-Head, Drill Blocks, Aggregates, Pods, Nesting Functions), and 2–5 axis machines such as Waterjets, Lasers, Plasma Cutters, off-line programming of 6-axis Robots and specialty machines.

In-House Solutions’ professional post processor development team will work closely with Jimmy Wakeford, President of Barefoot CNC to ‘write and field test’ post processors for popular CNC machine tools.

eMastercam.com and its Forum will be a focal point for post processor communications and eventually post processor distribution. This will improve communication between post processor developers and Mastercam end users with the intent of simplifying the post processor modification process.

In-House Solutions is proud to add Barefoot CNC as a ‘Post Development Partner’ with its many years of Mastercam and post processor development expertise.

ABOUT IN-HOUSE SOLUTIONS

In-House Solutions Inc. is the Canadian Mastercam Distributor, a Developer of Mastercam Post Processors, and a manufacturer of Mastercam training tutorials and training videos. It is also a North American Distributor of Robotmaster used for Off-line programming of 6-axis Robots. In-House Solutions has been a CAD/CAM solutions provider for 23 years and holds a proven sales track record of performance ranking #2 or #3 worldwide in the Mastercam community. It has accumulated a significant amount of Mastercam and related manufacturing experience.

In-House Solutions is 50 people strong with 7 offices in North America. It provides Mastercam based CAD/CAM solutions to both manufacturers and educational institutions and is extremely service oriented.

ABOUT BAREFOOT CNC

Barefoot CNC is the exclusive Mastercam Reseller for North and South Carolina, a Developer of Mastercam Post Processors and a Developer of VB scripts. Barefoot CNC is a successful CAD/CAM solutions provider with over 15 years of experience. It holds an impressive Mastercam sales and support track record of both growth and performance. Barefoot CNC provides Mastercam based CAD/CAM solutions to manufacturers and is an avid technical supporter of educational institutions.

You can read the original article here: http://www.emastercam.com/archives/520/in-house-solutions-partners-with-barefoot-cnc/

You can download the full press release in PDF format here: http://www.emasterca...ds&showfile=191

So does that mean all Mastercam products are going up by forty percent in price? Or is it still just us Canadians getting the shaft.

Can Canadians buy from Batefoot directly in USD and save forty percent?

John

Would you like some cheese with that whine :rolleyes:

Good one. HaHa. So funny. Funny guy.

Where is it you are cool again??

Oh ya. Only here in this brainwashed forum.

John

John,

It's no secret that I too have my frustrations but as I said many times MC has done us well even though I plan to move to NX. I like this forum for many reasons, reasons that in many ways have nothing to do with MC and that's why I am here.

But, complaining about MC in every post here will do nothing but get your blood pressure up. If you are no longer satisfied with MC, find another solution, it's that simple.

Good luck to you.

• Like 1

John,

It's no secret that I too have my frustrations but as I said many times MC has done us well even though I plan to move to NX. I like this forum for many reasons, reasons that in many ways have nothing to do with MC and that's why I am here.

But, complaining about MC in every post here will do nothing but get your blood pressure up. If you are no longer satisfied with MC, find another solution, it's that simple.

Good luck to you.

I think you are right. CNC Software has no ears. Just read this forum. Just take a sample going back 10 years and it's all the same BS.

I wish I could get my money back.

John

I think you are right. CNC Software has no ears. Just read this forum. Just take a sample going back 10 years and it's all the same BS.

John

So you think coming here and complaining in every post will change things? I don't think so. Take action and make changes for yourself, that's all you can do and that's what I am doing. I am not going to burden this forum with a bunch of complaining, the guys here still help me in many ways and I appreciate that.

• Like 1

I'm not even cool here...

I'm a moderator..:D

Hes tellin the truth, hes not cool :p:P

John

Whinin will get you nowhere quick. :D :D

Here take a couple of these :)

kleenex-facial-tissue-21400.jpg

PEACE :D

• Like 1

Getting back on topic... :rolleyes:

I have been talking with Inhouse for awhile as well as CNC Software. The goal of this partnership is to provide solid posts at an affordable price. Posts have gotten to be overly complex thru the years and taken away some of the end users ability to make simple edits to their posts. I have almost 20years experience writing posts and am definatley simple. Another new thing to be watching for is a post specific forum. Along with the post forum there are many other things we are doing to streamline the development and maintenance of posts. Kicking around the idea of having a standard post library on the ftp. I have been talking to customers and resellers for input on what direction they think posts should go in, and the general consenus is that they need to be simplified. There will still be posts that are paid for and maybe even some form of post maintenance. In the end though if we can give the end users the ability to tweak or write their own posts and share their knowledge with other users we will all benefit.

I think this is going to be a great thing for Mastercam posts. Would like to here your thoughts on what we can do to make posts better for you.

• Like 1

Well not that I much of a post guy, but anything I can do to help you can count me in. I think the current discombobulated method of putting things all over the post makes it harder to customize it. Why can the post be made modular where sections that are related to the drilling have the variables for them in that section like what I do for probing. All things for all things to each as they need to be. It has always drove me crazy some poat have some things at the start fo the post while other posts have things at the end. No rhyme or reason for the placement of stuff. I mean is it really that hard to document stuff in the post either. Why does it always have to be so secretive? This loop controls this out put and that variable controls that on some, but not complete documentation. Don't worry I am not going ot ask to see your math, but I got news for others the math ain't all that hard. Seen many people share kinematic math over the years and when you understand the concept it all comes down to what the NCI is giving you to get the correct output. I have always thought In-House was top knotch group when it came to posts and now I consider it a world class post group now with Jimmy and In-House partnered together. Congratulations to both camps I see it as a win win for everyone. Good to see dealers sharing resources among each other that help everyone who is a Mastercam user.

Talked with Ivan today at In-House.

Thanks for the info, We are going to try your sugestion on Monday. More help than Mazak gave us

Thanks again.

Jimmy. may need your expertise soon, I'll be callin

get ahold of me on your next Mi trip. I'm in Walled Lake next door to Thad :D