Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Huh they pulled x6 download

CamMan1

I installed on monday and have posted some programs that I also have from X5MU1. I compared the programs in Cimco Edit and they were identical. I only used contouring and drilling so I don't have a full evaluation. My programs won't be used for a few weeks so I'll continue and do a file compare if there's an update soon.

I installed on monday and have posted some programs that I also have from X5MU1. I compared the programs in Cimco Edit and they were identical. I only used contouring and drilling so I don't have a full evaluation. My programs won't be used for a few weeks so I'll continue and do a file compare if there's an update soon.

I have done 4 so far, 1 milling and 3 turning... all identical

"kudos to CNC for pulling X6 for repairs, just wish they would have put a notice with a "slight" explanation on their website."

This +100. They spend an awful lot of time preparing people and sending out press releases to dealers about the software coming. Roll out events, etc etc. That's great but taking care of customers means keeping them informed about the good and the bad. I have a bunch of folks waiting on me for upgrades to other software which cannot proceed without MCAM. I can't tell them anything because no one communicates what that actual status of the product is. The only thing I can do is due diligence trying to get the software to misbehave before I move it into full rotation. I thought the beta testers were supposed to do this?

With all due respect to the help given by some of the beta testers, you guys probably would do more help actually keeping quiet about things. It may be in your best intentions, but you make comments on a public forum that build expectations. You have to consider that you are the ONLY source of info and how people might interpret this.

Hopefully the repair install will work for those of us who are already using it instead of a full re-install.

If you do an uninstall from the control panel it will "clean out" the C:\programfiles\mcamx6 and the sharedmacmx6 folders but retain the information in the mymcamx6 folder.

The beta testers walk a very fine line when posting on public forum.

We sign an NDA before becoming beta testers and we're required to keep our mouths shut.

The initial leaks about x6 came out when an European Mastercam dealer made the beta X6 What's New file public.

I don't know why they've pulled the public release, but I'm sure they wouldn't do it without good cause.

I normally start using beta software for simple non critical jobs... I like drilling a hole pattern in a fixture.

As the beta progresses, I'll do more complex stuff.

I'll do a big job in X5, post it, then post it in X6 and compare results...

Then I'll start doing jobs in X6 exclusively. With X6, I started using it full time in August and have not

had any deal breaking trouble.

If you're nervous about it, start out like I do with the early betas...

Simple non critical toolpaths first

Then post X5 projects in X6 and compare results

then do big projects in X5, bring them into X6 for the last couple of toolpaths.

It is my personal opinion that CNC should make some sort of announcement as to why the X6 download

was pulled, but I don't call the shots... so we'll just have to wait and see what transpires.

Meanwhile, I will continue to use X6.

• Like 1

Then I'll start doing jobs in X6 exclusively. With X6, I started using it full time in August and have not

had any deal breaking trouble.

I was able to find three deal breakers in the first two days.. ;) Two of which cause catastrophic tool damage.

I agree that they should at least inform us of why it has been pulled. There could be an issue above what we already are aware of that could cause serious issues if gone unnoticed. But as with everything else, we are left in the dark unfortunately.

I'm 90% 5 axis multisurface programming. So that is what I test the most. I found 2 show stopping problems in the early beta's of 6 that stopped me from using it. Those bugs where fixed. I still use it but it has problems as most of you have found out about. I still continue to rely on X5 for major jobs, and will continue to do so for some time.