Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X7 MU1?

oneyankfan1

I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT ALOT OF CONCERNS YOU HAVE HEARD EVERYONE VOICE (SIMULATOR MAINLY) AND ARE GOING TO IMPLAMENT CHANGES, OR MAYBE YOU COULD JUST TELL ME WHAT YOU INTEND TO DO REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU HAVE HEARD FROM EVERYONE.

I'm still wating for Microsoft to work out all the bugs in Windows 7. What were they thinking when they released Windows 8 before they had 7 finished.

Dead horse; assume the position.

so no caps then. jeeez.

oneyankfan1,

I'm going to assume that you don't know and just throw you a bone here.

It's basic forum, and for that matter electronic message, etiquette. Typing in all caps basically implies that you're yelling at the top of your lungs and that's how the reader translates it.

Now if that was your intent then so be it.

Just had to make it clear.

That being said, I'm patiently waiting on the MU1 as well. X6 still works well enough for me not to be worried about it though.

I guess I would be if X7 was the first version I was using.

newbie tag sucks

Welcome to the forum ;)

The newness wears off soon enough.

I use X7 every chance I get. Especially if I know I will have a small program that only takes a few minutes to complete. I love it. But I already learned my lesson on a large program. I wrote a 50 toolpath program in X7 that I used on a series of 8 parts. Every toolpath had to have the geometry rechained for each part. I got like three parts done and had to reprogram everything in X6 because X7 crashed and refused to restart. I still have no idea what caused this because I had already solved the migration utility dilemma and wiped the registry and reinstalled bone stock. It was a rush job and I got burned badly time wise because it was faster to reprogram in X6 than it was to reinstall X7. But after the dust settled I got it reinstalled and it has been humming along fine since. I am waiting for the first release before I feel 100% comfortable in using it on larger programs now. I think the HLE should be released long before the final product goes to industry use. If I had X7 at home I could have given very valuable feedback. Just a thought.

Thanks guys, I also like X7 and where they are going with it. I've been through X5 and X6 both were great Im just ready for the simulator to work as good as verify did in X6 (or as good as verify ever worked). Ive just been using Vericut on everything and its just kind of time comsuming. I did a very large fixture (220 x 40 x 3.50) and got so deep in it that i just grinned and beared it. I've moved back to X6 and smooth sailing now.Hope they get alot of issues lined out in the first update.

We are currently planning an MU1 release around the September time frame, but in the mean time we will be responding to issues via the use of Service Packs and the new Automatic Update Feature on an as needed basis.

As Pete Mentioned earlier, if there is something keeping you from using X7 please make sure that you have contacted your reseller and/or us here at CNC Software to ensure we are are aware of the issue.

KKccadcam - See the post on SP1 that I just posted for some additional information on the availability of the download.