Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

STL is even more horible

oneyankfan1

You called me ignort, and i do know how to use it, and make one, you just want to project yourself as a know-it-all and without fault at starting this, which in my travels means you dont (hence 20,625 posts). I've encountered you before anyway, your in cnc softwares pocket, and might as well be on the pay roll, you are ready to knife fight anyone that says anything bad about mastercam, and all you offer to me is crap, you act like your above people and if they havent programed for 35 years they are idiots, so keep your opinons to yourself and if you cant help go away.

oneyankfan1, You're an idiot!

You called me ignort, and i do know how to use it, and make one, you just want to project yourself as a know-it-all and without fault at starting this, which in my travels means you dont (hence 20,625 posts). I've encountered you before anyway, your in cnc softwares pocket, and might as well be on the pay roll, you are ready to knife fight anyone that says anything bad about mastercam, and all you offer to me is crap, you act like your above people and if they havent programed for 35 years they are idiots, so keep your opinons to yourself and if you cant help go away.

Um, didn't you claim he must not understand your heartache, because he doesn't make big and complex parts?

Seriously dude, quit while you're behind. :guitar:

oneyankfan1, You're an idiot!

What do you work with this guy? Do you need to defend his lack of manners? Did he create this forum? Did he create the software? Do you NEED him to do your job? Are you his body guard? The fact of the matter is he was rude and i called him out on it now all his little forum groupies are coming to the rescue.

If you ask me you all have overreacted. Joe, you don't even know if he voted for Obama

so let them work it out.... ROR!

Lets see if CNC fixes this, that is the only concern here in my opinion.

The guy just wants a better .stl and it seems that others do to.

How did this get to be about the size of a mans part anyway? ;)

• Like 3

If you ask me you all have overreacted. Joe, you don't even know if he voted for Obama

so let them work it out.... ROR!

Lets see if CNC fixes this, that is the only concern here in my opinion.

The guy just wants a better .stl and it seems that others do to.

How did this get to be about the size of a mans part anyway? ;)

Thankyou, I mean kill the messenger!

What do you work with this guy? Do you need to defend his lack of manners? Did he create this forum? Did he create the software? Do you NEED him to do your job? Are you his body guard? The fact of the matter is he was rude and i called him out on it now all his little forum groupies are coming to the rescue.

LMAO. Trust me, the reactions you're getting from people are all of your own doing.

Nobody is saying the STL problem is acceptable. People are pointing out the way to get your job done. A freakin' CNC Software employee even chimed in to acknowledge the problem and tell you it's being fixed. You can do the extra 12 seconds of work and move on with your day - or you can mash at the keyboard and rage about the "scam" being force fed to you for the next 2 months until X8 is available to you.

Edit to add: Third option - the beta program needs all types of users that use files in all types of ways. Sign up so you can get X8 early, then you can stop the stock model force feeding scam.

I thanked the guy from CNC Software and tried the work around, and then thanked them for that work around, then gcode not leaving well enough alone asked me what the problem with creating a stock model creating a stl from it then erasing the stock model, and I said "Then the root scrren shot is gone that I use for the origonal setup sheet and if I need it in the future for what ever reason its gone, and things change all the time on the parts I program (revision changes). The real question is why are you hell bent against a simple stl process? Saving a stl then merging it into mastercam is quick and easy. My problem is that alot of people use stl's (obviously from these post's) and if you did big, coplex parts you would understand, its like i mentioned earlier, you seem to want to force feed stock models on people that WANT stl's. WHATS THE PROBLEM?". He already was out of line saying I was an idoiot. HE took this to another level. Everything was resolved then he chimed in with an attitude about creating a stock model when at the very BEGINING I said I dont want a stock model, so not only is he rude, he dosent listen. You guys can pile on me all you want, but just know you are all defending some one that has no manners just because of his time spent on this forum. This was not my doing this a matter of respect what if Gcode asked a question or made a remark and i responded with ignorance is bliss? I would get the same reaction, your point is invalid.

As far as a beta tester that would be great, I dont know how to sign up, but im sure those people are hand picked and im sure Gcode is on the list. I didnt come in here and put down anyone, i was aggrevated about the stl and some people agreed with me, but obviously I rocked the boat.

Your right about the time I said "This worked fine. Its the long way around but it worked thankyou. Still hoping the MU2 patch fix comes soon."

Exactly.

Not sure why people get offended when other people express their frustration at the bugs in mastercam. Its bound to happen. People vent. It is what it is.

Exactly.

Not sure why people get offended when other people express their frustration at the bugs in mastercam. Its bound to happen. People vent. It is what it is.

I dont feel like i need to be force feed the stock model scam

Calling stock model a scam is a little more than "venting frustration"

It implies dishonesty and fraud by people I consider friends.

• Like 1

Calling stock model a scam is a little more than "venting frustration"

It implies dishonesty and fraud by people I consider friends.

First off its a figure of speech I don't think they are dishonest I hope one day to fit in a category that pleases you, and secondly I've said this to you in other posts, its business - not friendship, matter of fact if they are your friends hope you get mastercam for free. I've been doing research about beta testers and I bet the reason you refuse to say anything negative is so you dont get booted from that, wouldn't be "constructive". All I was saying is that I want stl to work. But for the rest of us we are here to make MONEY not BUDDIES that ends at the time clock (which for your info "time clock" - also a figure of speech, I clock time on a computer). I was just here to see if others have had this problem and either had a fix or the same issue, which both were found. So there you go you proved my point for me, you got mad because I dumped on your "friends' software" and you felt the need to call me ignorant. You really need to relax because not everyone is in a bromance with CNC software.

I bought Mill Level 1 in 1998.

It took me three years to buy a full seat and I've paid

maintenance every year since it was introduced.

Maybe you can't, but I can do business with friends as many people

on this forum will tell you.

Good then you are well aware of the bugs and agravation that come from new releases, its not about doing business, its about separating emotion from reality, its about being blinded and for some reason not having the ability to point out faults except on users not the software.

You must get the beta and say "WOW this works perfectly don't change a thing! You guys once again have hit a home run!"

My point is that you are too emotionally invested to have a non bias opinion. You blow a gasket at the first hint of negative opinion.

Stressful times, especially for beta testers.

They work with the new software think things

Are going well and then an issue shows up

That stops them in their tracks and have to

Make up that time and money.

I get it, but then again my shop had to put a protocol

On new releases to a minimum of an MU1 just

For that reason.

Stressful times, especially for beta testers.

They work with the new software think things

Are going well and then an issue shows up

That stops them in their tracks and have to

Make up that time and money.

I get it, but then again my shop had to put a protocol

On new releases to a minimum of an MU1 just

For that reason.

At least some people can beta test here. Myself and our company are in a perfect position to do so, with a wide variety of machine tools, and I have a lot of experience with the software. The last few requests have been plainly ignored.

Thanks to some mindless politics and ignorance by some who could do better, it is something that I will probably not be able to do again :(