Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids

CCbenz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mastercam is not the right application for designing an 800pc machine fixture. You can do it, but its a lot of hard work. SolidWorks would be a much better tool for a job like that.

You really didn't expect much help the way you came on with your first post did you??

1ST rule of drafting....NEVER scale the print.

The only ones wanting to be able to scale the print are machines that use an optical eye to follow the line on the print to machine something.

I don't think you really need Mastercam for that kind of work.

But, even then you get paper shrinkage if its not plotted on Mylar.

As far as all the problems your boss has had with MC, I have also been using it since 6 and I think it's the BOMB!!!

No problems here...

Murlin

CCbenz, you shut yourself off by coming here and making an xxxx of yourself on your first post.

What did you think was gonna happen when you came to a Mastercam forum spewing MasterScam from your foul mouth?

If you came in civily and asked like a normal person, you'd prolly have answers to most of your problems.

Wow and I missed all of this fun Darn. Welcome ot the forum. I did not get off to a good start here so don't think you are out on an island freustration and people breathing down your neck does make use do crayz things. Man of you to aplogize and if you have spefic problems and also have sample files you can share then we might be able to get you to the point that your frustration level goes down and you use Mastercam to it fullest use that you may not be doing now. I use files 100 mb and have created toolpaths files as big as 300mb and Mastercam gets slow just like any other program would but gets the job done.

I do stuff in soilds all the time and no problems. I can do things in solids that are hard to do in most Cad software. You have the abiliy to scale things when printing but this is really not the noraml scale someone who uses Autocad for say would be use to. The idea with Mastercam is that you have a cam program that can handles alot of things and doing solids and 2d drawing is one of them but not it's bread and butter. If that is your bread and butter and you are that frusttraed need to go drink a beer or soemthing been there done that and if pissed off only makes thing harder to do.

You can call it bias or whatever but just hired a Gibbs guy and he is blown away by Mastercam's abilites and strengths when it comes to the molds we design here,protypes, and production capabilites.

Again welcome good rocky start but a start is always a good thing.

Welcome CC

Don't run now, you are closer to solving the problem than you have ever been. These guys can help you with MC and most any other software problem you have. I am nothing but a sponge at this web sight. I have never posted a question that hasn't been answered, although most of my ? are simple.

I don't know if you have ever done any machine work(run a machine other than a computer). If you have, you can understand why the dogs are chewing at your back side. I would put money on the table that you are out of college less than 5yrs, and think you know everything there is to know about design work and machining. I know from working in a machine shop that the knives get threwn very often when you want to make smart *ss comments. So learn to live with it.

We once had a young guy that worked at this shop. He made this statement once(talking about the guys on the floor): If they don't have anybody from the outside to ride, they turn on each other.

You came in here putting down something that means a lot to each member here (MC). We make our living using this software. We feed our families by using this software. We as a family (MC forum) take care of each other.

So don't go around spitting in the face that feeds us.

Alright fellow members, he did come back with his hat in his hand.

So lets try to help him.

firebounce.giffirebounce.gifflame.gifflame.gifbiggrin.gif

What an xxxx, if he needs help I will help him, hell I will do it for him, he can sign me a check for all the Bling in world and I will return it with my foot in his arse and I will do it all with my dongle in hand so he can see the power of Mastercam. Has this gay I mean guy been here before?

quote:

My employer has been using mastercam since release 6.0 and we have been plagued by so many problems i could not list them all

Any ways professor what software would you like to try, pound for pound Mastercam will eat anything you got.you get your programmer and your laptop and a part and meet me in alley at dusk, so I can show you some Software issues.

Corey teh sounded good rattling off my toungue