Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What did you do on your summer vacation?

Jack Mitchell

June 25th, attending Moore's latest film. biggrin.gif

July 17th~Aug 1st, visiting Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and PEI in eastern Canada for a well deserved two weeker with my lovely wife and the granny connection. wink.gif

Pros - I ain't gonna be on the forum for two full weeks so please behave. smile.gif especially James and Rekd.

Cons - there aren't any, cept for Junior, cause he will have to do something productive while I am off. eek.gifeek.gifeek.gif and that's only if he doesn't go whining to Anil saying that Jack really screwed me over by taking off on me like this and leaving me all this work. - sorry Junior, but it really sucks to be you. biggrin.gif

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 06-21-2004, 01:12 AM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Summer Vacation - Island Hopping in the North Channel / Manitoulin Island. Getting sunburn, changing diapers and diluting my blood with good old Canadian beer.

Jack, Whilst in NS, stop into the Galic College in Baddeck, they serve a nice haggis, chips and mushy peas!

"What's a summer vacation??"

Summer Vacation (n)

1. Period of time which some employees remove themselves from the workplace and draw a wage from an accrual that is calculated on gross earnings at a rate determined either by law or company policy which is often based on years of service.

2. Period of time which some employees jam their fellow workers by downloading their work on their compatriots, this usually results in overtime and more work for those left behind, impacting the daily lives of the already busy.

3. Period of time when School is out over the months of July and August. A period of self discovery and joy for most youth (remember thse days??)

Winnie, I have a friend who lives in the Czech Republic. Historic sites, beautiful landscapes, good beer, pretty girls... a fun place to visit he said but I haven't made the trip. One day I hope.

Vacation? I have a brother who lives in Vegas. I usually make a trip out there every year or two. I'll play some blackjack, a little craps just for fun [no high stakes or nothing]. I save that for the poker tables. The local pros think I'm another tourist with money to lose. True I am a tourist, but also am a decent poker player. I hold my own and usually come out ahead. And, most importantly, have fun. biggrin.gif

When someone asks me out there what I do for a living and I say "CNC Programmer", "Cadcam programmer/designer", etc., I usually get a blank stare and a 'that's nice' reply. I am often surprised how relatively few people know what I'm talking about! headscratch.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I don't think we're going on a family vacation until after my oldest son Michael's Senior year. He plays Baseball in the Spring and early Summer, Football mid-summer to late fall. No time. He as 1 week off and he usually goes to Mexico to help in orphanages... Maybe a weekend trip to Seaworld San Diego Wild Animal Park and the zoo.... That would be fun.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Haggis???? Yum!!!!!!

Hey Mark, I'm pretty close to Disneyland. If you want a tour of my shop, drop me an e-mail. Really the only thing impressive here is the SH-8000 Pallet pool that occupies 3,000 sq. ft. BUt we do some other interesting stuff here too. biggrin.gif

quote:

Just got back last night. Spent a week in Myrtle beach.

Greg,

did you bring me back some sand? Maybe I could build a castle in the office since we are too busy to take a real vacation.

however, I am taking 2 days off at the end of this week for my sister's wedding! Thank God it will be all over with on Saturday! biggrin.gif