Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 is coming

gcode

quote:

gcode, you trying to flush out RandleXX

Naa.. he was last seen heading off into NX4 land.

After spending a little time there myself, I'm pretty sure he's a goner

If X made him crazy. NX4 will turn him into

a babbling wreck

Morning all,

I'm not sure what the communication said but,

X2 will not be released on 8/31. If you have active Maintenance as of 8/31, you will get X2 when it is released.

We are just ready to roll out Beta 3, followed by a Production Candidate. Right now RTM (release to Manufacturing)is more like the end of September and that will be dependent on the quality of B3 and the PC. RTM means we ship a master out for duplication so the print house can assemble 20,000+ packages for our Maintenance customers, Reseller stock, and our stock. That is a several week process as you could imagine.

-gary

Glenn,

There will be a web download avaialble, but for those customers with no web access there will be a delay in them getting the update and Gary is just trying to make them aware so when someone downloads the update and posts to the forum, and customers with no web access start asking questions on why they haven't received their copy yet they will understand why.

I didn't mean to get everybody riled up with this topic.

I've re-read the letter I got from Cad-Cam Consulting.

It says

"Mastercam X2 is about to be released! The scheduled changeover date will be August 31, 2006. The last day Mastercam X will be concidered the 'current" product is on August 30, 2006."

I read that to mean X2 would be released on Aug 31. What it really means is August 30 is the last day you can buy maintenance and get an upgrade to X2. Anyone on maintenace on Aug 30 will get X2 automatically, after that, you have to buy the upgrade.

Sorry for the bad information frown.gif