Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam Documentation Customer Survey

I have a request for future surveys. Can you please remind us idiots (before we take the survey) that our SIM # is required to complete it? Every time I take one of these at home, I spend the time giving good answers and comments, only to find that I don't have the SIM # available. banghead.gif Then, 6 months later when another survey is posted, I forget and I do it again. I doubt I'm the only person to see this thread at home and end up in that situation. biggrin.gif

Thad

quote:

You should email yourself the SIM number for future reference...

I have a backup of all of my work stuff here now, but it's not something that I keep readily accessible. It takes a small bit of digging. It's something that I could avoid by just doing the survey at work the next day. wink.gif

Thad

Monty,

Have you not seen the MastercamX_Post_Parameter_Ref.pdf that comes with the install? In the documentation folder.

What more could someone want to know about posts

-------------------------------------------------

Have you not seen the MastercamX_Post_Parameter_Ref.pdf that comes with the install? In the documentation folder.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi John,

I have seen the pdf file but it does have lot of things but it does not have much simplified information about post variables and parameter codes.

Anyhow do you still have the user guide that came with Ver 6.0 in 1997.

Monty,

The last version of the guide you are referring to was released for Version 9.1. It is the Mastercam Post Reference Guide volumes 1, 2, and 3.

I do agree with you in a sense Monty. I think it is time for CNC Software to re-write the Post Reference Guide from the ground up. Right now you have to have the V9 Post Reference Guide and the X Post Parameter Reference Guide and bounce back and forth between the two. I think its time for a new complete Post Reference Guide for X2.

Monty,

The V9 Post Reference Guide should be available from your Mastercam reseller. That in combination with the X Post Parameter reference guide with get you what you want...

HTH,